Talking To The Wall

001: Hello, My Name is Blurns

Hello again today. I've brought a friend with me. I haven't decided on what to name him, he's small and black and round. I bought him at a toy store for dogs because I just felt like he was so lonely and I felt that we were, too. I also bought some new paints.

I have this GREAT idea in mind for you...too bad no one else likes coming in here. They all think I'm crazy...considering you a friend. But why not? Just because you can't talk back, doesn't mean that I still can't tell you all my troubles, fears, and everything I think. People just don't understand that it helps to have something to talk to...it doesn't have to be a person. Plus I was never one for making friends...I'm going to be eighteen years old and I've never had a real friend...except you, Wallie!

OH! Blurns! That shall be this beautiful ball's name. Blurns, meet Wallie, Wallie, this is Blurns.


She bounced the ball against her colorfully painted wall. Smiling at her small room, looking at it in amazement and seeing the one white side of the wall that was her next target to paint. She wanted to make her best and only friend beautiful, so she placed her other new friend, Blurns, down on the floor and began telling Wallie, her wall, all about her day as she painted him colorful.