Talking To The Wall

013: Captured

"Shit." Danny looked around Mikayla's apartment to find her gone. There was a burnt cake in the oven and the table was set up for two. Ryder was sitting at the table just staring at the beautifully made up dinner table, clutching onto a ball.

"I know who took her." Danny muttered and Ryder looked up at him.

"Then we call the police, we get her back!" Ryder shouted standing up to face Danny. Danny glared down at him and forced Ryder to sit back down. Danny knew he couldn't get the cops involved. This was something that needed to be handled outside of the law.

"Ryder, do you not remember? Our family doesn't mix well with cops! No, I know how to get her back." With that Danny flipped open his phone and made a quick call. He had to meet up with Leo directly or his father. Tony Pintauro.

"Danny, I can't sit around and do nothing! I love her!" Ryder covered his mouth right after he said that, not really believing that came out of his mouth. He had only known her for a little over a month and they had just started dating, could he really be in love with her already?

Danny looked up from his phone at Ryder. He was afraid of that, after his sister had been talking so much about him he was hoping just a little bit that Ryder didn't feel the same way. Sighing, he sat down in the seat across from Ryder.

"I know. But that's precisely why you can't be involved. I don't need you doing something stupid." Ryder glared at Danny and Danny held his gaze. Danny was the 'professional' at this. He knew what to do and how to get Mikayla back but Ryder needed to stay out of his way.

"Come on." Danny motioned for Ryder to follow him, right after making sure Mikayla's apartment didn't burn down.

"Where are we going?" Danny looked over at Ryder and opened the door to his car and told Ryder to get in. Once in the car, Danny opened up the glove compartment and pulled out a cell phone.

"Here, don't make any calls from it do you understand? I will call you every now and then to let you know how things are going. I'm taking you to my other apartment so that no one will come looking for you." Ryder nodded his head never knowing that Mikayla's family was ready for these kinds of things. Then again, being in the mafia does pose a threat to your life.

"Okay." Danny looked over at Ryder and then ahead at the road.

"You think you can follow instructions. I don't have to chain you to a wall?" Ryder looked over at Danny shocked and shook his head.

"I'll be good. I just want her safe." Ryder looked out the window and noticed something. There was a man sitting in a car that was towards the right of them just waiting there at the intersection. What made Ryder slightly worried about the guy was the intense glare that he was giving the both of them.

"Danny...I don't mean to sound paranoid but...that guy is staring at us." Danny looked to his right to see who was staring at them. He held his breath and saw the guys arm start to move.

"Shit, duck!" Danny pushed Ryder down and put the car in reverse when the shots from the gun were heard.

"Fuck!" Ryder shouted making sure to stay low and watched as Danny maneuvered the car around the block so that they could try and make a get away. Danny turned the car around only to be faced with another car and a gun pointed at them. Danny sighed frustrated and Ryder looked up from his seat to see the gunmen.

"What do you want?" Danny shouted. They heard the other car stop behind them and the sound of the door opening and closing. Ryder didn't know what to do, he knew that he shouldn't make any movement or sound because of the fact that these guys had guns and they didn't.

"You." The guy smirked and hit Danny in the back of the head with his pistol. The other guy came next to Ryder and did the same.