Talking To The Wall

016: Something Beautiful

"You look beautiful." Leo was gawking at Mikayla who had been placed in a blue cocktail dress that made her shine. She was truly beautiful, but she didn't want to be called beautiful by Leo. She wanted Ryder to be the one who called her beautiful, grabbed her had and whisked her away to have a magical night. She wanted Ryder to hug her tightly and tell her that everything was okay, that she would never have to deal with these types of things ever again.

Of course though, that wouldn't happen. She was stuck in a deal with the devil she was now to marry. Mikayla could not want nothing more than to cry, her fragile heart being so close to the edge. She was afraid for Ryder, afraid of everything at this moment, her training being washed away by her shy personality. Nothing else filled her mind other than wanting to run away but knowing that Ryder would be in danger if she did.

"My father is waiting for us at his restaurant in Flushing. I told him I had a surprise so try to act happy. Only you and I know about this arrangement so we have to make this look real for others." Leo smirked and Mikayla just glared up at him in disgust. She didn't want to act happy. She was the complete opposite of happy. If Danny were able to see her right now, he wouldn't know who she is.

"Fine." She muttered as he opened up the car door for her. She got in and stared out the window for the entire ride, not wanting to look at Leo, mentally preparing herself for the meeting.

'Wallie...what am I suppose to do? I despise this man, I hate him! I have never hated anyone in my life but him... I don't know if I'll have the strength to go through with this.

I know, I know, if I don't go through with this Ryder will be in trouble. I can't have that. I rather be unhappy than see Ryder being taken away in a body bag. I've seen that happen too many times to people I knew, trusted. People who took care of me for my entire life, my mother! Wallie why can't you be here?

Why do you have to be so far away. You must be so lonely and scared, Blurns too. I can only imagine what is running through his mind, I do hope the both of you are watching out for each other. I don't think I've ever been so scared. I was only this scared once before.

The night mother died, I was going to be next, Daddy and Danny were home yet and mother was screaming at the people who had broken into our home. She fought them off so bravely and I ran to my hiding spot. I was crying so hard and trying to stay quiet. I heard a gun shot and something heavy fall to the floor, the men who were in my house were frantically looking around for me, I could hear them stomping on the floor above me. I had my little dagger with me just in case they did find me.

From far away I heard screams and shouts, more gun fire. I heard running footsteps and then the door to my hiding place was thrown open. I screamed, tears coming down my face and held my dagger out in front of me. I heard Danny call my name and I opened my eyes. He was standing there with his arms open and tears in his eyes. Covered in blood, only some of it being his own and I ran into his arms. I tried to look around for my mother but Danny buried my head in his chest and began to weep. He forced out the words, 'It's okay, everything is going to be okay,' just for me. I cried harder and held onto him tight.

I was five. Danny was eleven. It was the only time I had really known what fear and sadness were and I swore to myself I would never feel that again, Wallie! But I feel it...I feel it coming back and consuming me and I don't know what to do to make it stop...

I just want it to stop...'


"Here we are." The car stopped and Leo got out first and extended a hand to Mikayla. She ignored him and got out by herself, standing beside him adjusting her dress.

"Remember to make this look real, Mikayla. Or else." Leo muttered into her ear. She didn't dare look at him for fear of losing her facade. She took in a deep breath and then smiled, Leo leading her into his father's establishment. It was a rather nice place and felt very home-like. She could see why they were in such good business. A table was set up for them and Leo pulled out a chair for Mikayla. She sat down and so did he, both awaiting his father's entrance.

"He likes to make a scene." Leo whispered to her and she only looked down at the plates. She tried to focus on the detail of the table cloth, what the plates were maid out of, the lace at the ends of the table mats. She didn't look up even once until she heard Leo.

"What the hell..." Leo sounded like he was in shock. Mikayla looked up to see why, her breath caught in her throat, tears brimming her eyes.

"You look beautiful."