Talking To The Wall

017: Stay With Me

The tears rushed down Mikayla's face as Leo stood there extremely pissed. He couldn't believe who was standing there in front of him, in his father's restaurant. Mikayla tried to run towards Ryder when Leo held her back. Danny and Mr. Pintauro stepped out from the dark staring down at his son in disappointment.

"Let her go, Leo." Leo looked at his father in astonishment and quickly let go of Mikayla's arm. She ran over to Ryder and he grasped her tightly. He wasn't going to let go.

"What is going on? Father, I don't understand." His father looked down at the table and motioned for everyone to sit. Danny looked at Mikayla who seemed terrified, the last time she had that look on her face was when their mother died. He took hold of Mikayla's hand as they sat down and she looked up at him. She squeezed his hand tightly and looked at Leo's father wondering what was going on.

"Ryder, is apart of this family. He told me what you were doing and I intend to put a stop to it." Mikayla backed away from Ryder not believing what was going on.

"What?" Mikayla took her hand from Ryder's not believing what she was hearing. She looked over at her brother who shook his head.

"Mikayla, he's like you. He wants out." Mr. Pintauro smiled feebly at Mikayla.

"Mikayla, Ryder is my nephew. He grew up far away from what you, your bother, and Leo grew up in but he still knew. I made sure he was trained and ready but like you, wanted nothing to do with it. I agreed to his wishes and let him do what he wanted, under a watchful eye. Meeting you happened by complete chance." Mr. Pintauro explained to Mikayla who just sat there stunned. She looked over at her brother to confirm the story and he nodded his head.

She knew her brother wouldn't lie to her, he was her protector. The two of them never let anything bad happen to one another and she knew her brother wasn't about to start now. Ryder looked at Mikayla hopefully, praying inside that she would accept him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked in a small voice. Leo looked at the scene in front of him and rolled his eyes. He already knew he was in trouble with his father, he wanted to get that part over with. His plans had been foiled and he had gained a cousin all in one night. Things weren't in his favor.

"Because I was afraid that if you found out, you would run. That you would think that I only wanted you for the same reason Leo wanted you." Mikayla looked at him, biting at her lip. It was true, she would have been paranoid about that. That Ryder didn't love her for her, but because of who she was related to. However, she knew. Deep inside she knew that Ryder only wanted her. They had spent so much time together and gained so much trust for each other in such a short time that she couldn't think of Ryder ever using someone.

"I wouldn't have. Ryder, I love you." Ryder's mouth dropped hearing those words come out her mouth. He smiled widely and picked her up from the chair spinning her round.

"I love you too!" Mikayla's tears were flowing even harder but not because of fear or pain, but because of happiness.

"Alright you two, you're making me sick. Let's leave, Leo with his dad." Danny said, standing up straight. He looked over at Mr. Pintauro and held out his hand.

"Thank you," Mr. Pintauro smiled brightly at the three of them, standing up to say 'Goodbye'.

"Not at all. Your father became a dear friend of mine and as much as I know my son, I thank you for coming to me first. You take care of yourself, Ryder." Ryder smiled up at his uncle and nodded his head. He gave him a small hug and then resumed to having his arm around Mikayla's waist.

"I will, Uncle."

"No prob, Mr. P. I'll tell dad you said 'hi'!" Danny waved him off and the three of them left the restaurant. Once they were far enough both Ryder and Danny place Mikayla in front of them and began checking her for any visible wounds.

"Guys, what are you doing?" Danny holding one arm up in the air, while Ryder was bent down checking her legs.

"Making sure he didn't touch you." Danny growled, Ryder standing up again, agreeing with Danny.

"I'm fine, he didn't touch me. I just want to go home now, please?" Mikayla looked up at them, her large eyes softening their anger. Danny smiled and nodded his head, hailing a cab for the two. He decided he would head back to his own apartment.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Mickey." Mikayla smiled at her brother as she climbed into the cab with Ryder. She knew her brother would probably be ringing her bell early in the morning to make sure she was safe and sound at home.

"I know." She smiled and the cab took off to her small apartment in the city. Once they arrived, Ryder paid and walked her to her apartment door. He leaned in for a kiss goodnight when she stopped him.

"Is something wrong?" Mikayla shook her head and looked down at the ground. She took deep breaths as she tried to gather up the courage to invite him in.

"I-I don't want to be alone. Stay with me?" Ryder smiled gently at her, cupping her chin and making her look up at him. He knew she was nervous and that she had never shared her bed with any other man before. He was honored and knew she wanted to feel protected. After the past events he probably wouldn't have want to be left alone either, nor did he want to leave Mikayla alone.

"Of course."
♠ ♠ ♠
FORGIVE ME! *bows* I am so sorry that I did not have this out by the due date I said it would. Life has been a bit crazy so, :/, sorry about that! Thank you for still reading and everything I hope you enjoy!