Talking To The Wall

019: Intimacy is...what again?

Mikayla woke up that morning with a small yawn and cuddled in closer to Ryder. A smile on her face as she felt the warmth of his body against hers, she had never thought something like this would ever happen to her. It was once a far away dream to be able to wake up in the arms of the man she loved and now it was a reality. Nothing was going to stop her from enjoying thing moment with him that was until the ringing of her cell phone disturbed everything.

"Ugh, it's Danny, I know it." She muttered to herself, searching the floor for her purse from the bed. She found the purse and opened it up to get her phone to see that it wasn't Danny, but her father calling. Her eyes went wide and she looked back at Ryder who was sitting up in bed, rubbing his eyes. He looked at her, his hair a mess, and smiled sweetly.

"Um..." Mikayla muttered holding the ringing phone in hand. Ryder looked at her confused not understanding her hesitance to pick up her phone.

"Are you going to answer it?" Mikayla looked down at her phone and then back at Ryder. She nodded her head quickly and covered Ryder's mouth with her hand.

"Hi, daddy!" She chirped, looking apprehensively at Ryder. He giggled into her hand, understanding her hesitation fully now. She didn't want her father to know she was with Ryder, especially so early in the morning.

"Um, yes, I'm fine. Ryder? Yes, he is just fine. I'm supposed to meet up with him later on today." She said rather quickly into the phone. Ryder got himself out of her bed, fully clothed and walked over to her dresser.

"No, that's okay! We'll come see you." Mikayla seemed to be having some issues convincing her father that she didn't need him to come over. Ryder wrote down that he was going to go over to his apartment to shower and change, once he was done he would return. He showed her the note while she seemed to be getting through to her father that Danny would be there soon anyhow.

She smiled at Ryder, acknowledging his note. Once she finally convinced her father that she would order Danny to call him afterwards. Mikayla saw that the coast was clear she squealed in delight as she stared at her door.

He slept here! You know what? It felt wonderful! I don't think I've ever been this comfortable with someone before. I've never slept with another man before! I wasn't even afraid.

I should go shower and put on some coffee. He'll be coming back, isn't this great? After the night before I thought I'd never seen him again.

Oh, yeah! I almost forgot, Wallie. He's like me; stuck in a family he wants no part of. It almost makes me brave enough to run away from all of this.


Mikayla couldn't help but be happy and giddy all morning. She sang while she bathed and sang while she cooked. Ryder took a bit longer than expected but that was mainly because he was enjoying listening to her.

Once he returned, he noticed the rather large breakfast she had set up for them. He also noticed a third plate setting.

"Danny's coming over?" Mikayla nodded her head solemnly. She wanted to have alone time with Ryder, now that everything was out in the open she wanted to learn more about him even though she probably knew all the important things. Like, what's his favorite television show, his hobbies, and the most important -- how he feels about her. For Mikayla that was all that was really needed. That's when the bell rung.

"Speak of the devil." Mikayla muttered. Ryder gave her a small shove just before she went to buzz Danny in.

***


"Camping?" Mikayla questioned with enthusiasm. She had never been camping before and when Ryder suggested it all she could think about was what it would be like to go camping in the woods with the person she was romantically involved with.

Then the thought of being intimate with Ryder came to mind and she couldn't stop blushing. She was sure that wasn't what Ryder was thinking about but then again, he was a man. As her father and her brother have told her, every man has needs. Was she ready to fulfill those?

What am I thinking Wallie? Ryder has never asked about taking our relationship to a more intimate level, why are these thoughts popping into my head?

"Yeah. I just figured, after the week we've had we could use a getaway." Danny looked back and forth between his sister and Ryder. He could tell that his sister was excited but then her look changed it went from happy to worried and frightful. He was curious to know what was on her mind.

"Well...um..." She stuttered but Ryder could see that she seemed uncomfortable with the idea.

"It was just an idea, if you don't want to that's fine. If you're unsure just think about it for awhile, no need to give me an answer now. Excuse me." Ryder stood up and headed for the bathroom. Mikayla still seemed to be lost in her own thought and Danny decided he would pry.

"Mickey, a vacation could be good for you. What are you thinking?" Mikayla looked at her brother, the red in her cheeks getting increasingly noticeable.

"I-I...I'm just thinking about being alone with Ryder. You know..." Mikayla stressed the last part being too embarrassed to even say the words out loud to her brother. Danny got the hint and choked a little on his waffles.

"OH! Well...Mickey...I-" Before he could say it, Danny cut himself off. Mikayla was young woman and Ryder seemed like a great guy. Yes, he was worried for her, he didn't want her to get hurt and he didn't want to see her cry but he had to remember that she was her own person. Even though he can't be there for her all the time he can sure as hell be there for her when she needs him.

"Mickey, I don't think Ryder is thinking about that right now but if you are, maybe you're ready. If you are or aren't, he'll understand." Danny half-believed his words, but that was because he was a skeptic. The guy did feign ignorance to knowing about Leo's father and never once mentioned being related to them but from last night he saw how much he cared for Mikayla.

Mikayla thought about it a little more when Ryder returned. She looked at him and kissed him hard on the lips.

Here goes nothing!

"Let's go camping!"
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is soon coming to an end! I do hope you will all forgive me on such a long wait. I've had a tough 2 years and honestly just really glad to be writing again. :D