Talking To The Wall

005: Is She Miss Richie Rich?

Mikayla stood at Ryder's front door, a nice old woman letting her in the building and pointing to the door in which the new tenant had moved into, silently debating with herself on whether or not she should knock on his door.

It had been about five minutes when all of a sudden the door to Ryder's door opened he was standing there leaning against doorway, smirking at Mikayla who looked up at him completely shocked.

"Uh...hi." Mikayla bit her lip and avoided his gaze.

"So, why have you been standing out there for about, five minutes just staring at my door?" She blushed hard as he just continued to stare at her with that smirk on his face knowing why she was there. He had heard her talking to, 'Wallie', right after she had gotten out of the shower while getting dressed consoling to Wallie about what exactly she would say to him about asking Ryder to go to this family function she was so nervous about.

"W-well, you see. I sort of um...I have this thing that I have to go to...at my dad's place." She was twirling her fingers and rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet clearly not wanting to ask this of him but something that she needed to because she needed a date.

"Let me guess, you need a date?" She looked up at him shocked and nodded her head biting her lip even harder.

"I know this is really messed up of me to ask you this and I shouldn't be asking this of you, I'm really sorry, you can say no if you want-" Ryder put a finger to her lips to silence her and gave her a big smile.

"I'd love to go. Give me a chance to get to know you better and to make you do something for me." Mikayla furrowed her brow and placed a hand on her hip.

"What?"

"I do this favor for you, and who knows. Maybe I'll ask you to a family party," he winked at her and she blushed looking away from him chuckling thinking about something else completely, slightly worried that it was that.

"Oh, well, uh. I'll call you later then to tell you the details okay?" Ryder nodded his head and handed her a card with his number on it, to her.

"Day or night, your welcome to call okay?" Mikayla looked down at the number and nodded her head and smiled.

"Okay. Bye!" She waved at him and then ran back to her apartment all to excited to tell Wallie about what had just occurred, and Ryder already knew her routine.

HE SAID YES! Can you believe that he just said yes!

Don't give me that look, yes I know I didn't exactly tell him about me being...you know...but uh, maybe when my brother come over tomorrow to meet him? I know Danny will want to meet him before hand. Well, he's new to New York so maybe he doesn't know anything about the Belushi family you know...then again I'm not that lucky aren't I?

This was my issue in school. Daddy tried to send me to private schools but I was either bullied or harassed out of it because I was a Belushi while Danny was always getting kicked out of his schools. WAIT! Daddy owns a casino in Las Vegas I think...so maybe Ryder does know our family name, damnit. What am I going to do?

I know, I'll call Danny tomorrow in the morning, see what he thinks and then possibly break Ryder the news.

Oh damn...I need to paint.


With that Mikayla brought out her brushes and the buckets of paints and everything else she needed to start painting to help relieve herself of the anxiety she was feeling while Ryder on the other side sat and wonder what the "Belushi's" were. He was guessing that was her family name and apparently it sounded like they had money. Was the big secret was that she was rich? Ryder didn't care about money if anything, he knew he liked her because of her odd quirks and was beginning to see just how beautiful she was when bit on her lip out of nervousness. So, was it really a big deal being rich?