Talking To The Wall

007: Get This Party Started

Mikayla was worried about how she looked, checking herself over and over again. She was nervous about what her father would say about, Ryder. She knew he would eye him up and down and examine him like some strange specimen and she just didn't know how to really handle it.

Wallie, this is crazy, I don't understand why I still subjugate myself to any of this anymore. This is completely unfair to Ryder, all the questions that will be asked of him, he personal life being probed, Danny I think did enough of that yesterday at lunch and just to endure it again tonight?

I don't understand why Ryder is even putting himself through anything of all this. What do you think Blurns?
Mikayla looked over at her ball what was sitting nicely on top of her dresser and then frowned. She looked down at her shoes and dress thinking it over again, wondering if she should've stuck with the red dress instead of changing into the black one she was wearing now. It looked amazing on her but she still had some concerns. She walked over to her dresser and started on her make-up making it very neutral.

Okay, so, all I have left to do is my hair and then Ryder should be here soon. I'm so nervous! I've never been this nervous before, I don't even know if I'll know how to react when I see all those people there! Agh, oh darn, that's the door. Must be Ryder. Wish me luck! Mikayla rushed to put on her shoes and then buzzed Ryder in making sure she was ready only touching up on a few things and getting the things in her purse ready.

"Hi!" Mikayla looked up at him smiling grabbing her purse, her heals clicking together as walked in front of him all ready to go.

"W-Wow. Mikayla, you're...you're beautiful. Stunning." Mikayla blushing never receiving a comment like that before from anyone else but her father and her brother. She thanked him and they both headed out the door and into a cab that took them into the city towards 'Little Italy' and to her father's restaurant.

"Okay, this is it." Ryder could tell that she was nervous, fiddling with her fingers and constantly biting on her lip. He placed his hands on her shoulder as they stood outside and looked her deep in the eyes.

"Everything will be fine. Let's go in there and I promise to be the best date ever!" Mikayla chuckled and Ryder took Mikayla's hand trying to help ease her nervousness even more. It worked, she seemed to calm down and then opened the door to her father's restaurant.

Ryder hadn't expected so many people to be there, but there was. Over 50 guests littered the room, dancing, eating, chatting away. Light music was heard amongst the chatter as Mikayla and Ryder made their way through the people towards a man who was sitting there in a suit and tie, smoking a cigar with a glass of red wine sitting on the table in front of him.

"My Mickey!" The man got up and placed his cigar down on the ash tray and everyone stared at Mikayla smiling as the man hugged her tightly.

"Hi, dad. You look good, hello everyone." She waved at the people sitting around the table and the man, Ryder remembered as Vince Belushi, looked admiringly at his daughter bringing his hands up to her face.

"You look beautiful sweety. Come, sit, sit." Someone almost instantly got her a chair to sit next to her father when she looked up at Ryder and grabbed his hand pulling him in close to her. Vince looked up at him shocked and at the two of them holding hands when Danny came over.

"Hey, dad! I see, Mickey and her new friend are here. Dad, this is Ryder. Ryder, Vince Belushi." Vince glared at his son, standing up again and walking over to Ryder as Ryder held out his hand. Vince looked at it and then shook it examining Ryder.

"Nice to meet you sir." Ryder smiled while Vince stayed apathetic to Ryder. Danny looked between them and then at Mikayla who seemed slightly worried for Ryder, hoping her father wouldn't do anything to him. Danny took a seat next to his sister placing a comforting hand on her shoulder seeing her bit her lip, her leg starting to shake. Vince then smiled widely and let out a loud laugh.

"Good boy, you never faltered, confident! I like you already. Sit, sit! WAITER!" Mikayla was so relieved and smiled brightly Ryder who winked at her as Vince got another bottle of wine and everyone began talking.

--

Surprisingly, Ryder fit in very well with her family and Mikayla loved it, she knew that Ryder still didn't know the worst of it yet but he was well liked amongst her family. She was extremely happy that her father had taken a great liking to him as the night went on and they talked. Mikayla and Ryder even got up to dance a few times, learning new things about one another. Ryder was so happy that she was becoming more open with him, letting him see her for who she can really be, seemingly falling for her more and more. He knew this girl was special, he didn't know why just yet, but he knew that after this short while of knowing her something inside of him told him that he couldn't let her go.

"Want to see the balcony upstairs?" Ryder looked at Mikayla shocked who was slightly tipsy but nevertheless smiling widely at Ryder, pulling at his arm.

"Uh, sure, okay." Mikayla led him up the stairs and to a door which led to the large balcony that gave you a breath taking view. He looked up and you could see the stars so clearly from there it was all so overwhelming. Mikayla twirled around laughing, her arms out stretched, smiling widely. She looked at Ryder and out stretched her hand towards him motioning for him to come over and he did. He took her in his arms and began to slow dance with her the wind blowing around them lightly, giving them slight chills.

"This is beautiful, your beautiful, Mikayla." She blushed hard looking up at Ryder and then away biting her lip. He smiled, wondering to himself if he should take the chance. Would she pull away, or even runaway? Ryder was nervous and slightly scared of what would happen, but he knew he had to do this. Just to say he did it, just to know what it's like to kiss an angel.

Ryder looked deep into Mikayla's eyes, bringing her closer, his heart beating faster, her own doing the same not sure of what Ryder was about to do. She kept glancing at his lips since they were so close to her face until finally that gap was closed and Ryder kissed her deeply, Mikayla's eyes widening for a second and then closing enjoying the feeling of Ryder's lips against her own.

"OH DANNY!" The door then burst opened ruining the moment, Danny stumbling out onto the balcony obviously drunk and with some girl. He looked up shocked to see his little sister and Ryder there kissing one another and then began to laugh.

"Guess, Leo's gonna be pissed! Come on baby, let's go somewhere else, don't worry." Danny winked at the girl in his arms who was just staring at Danny like a love-sick puppy and left. Ryder looked down at Mikayla who was blushing like crazy and fiddling with her dress.

"Um, should we head home, it's late?" Ryder questioned seeing that it was already three in the morning not even realizing that time had gone by that fast. Mikayla nodded her head, taking his hand in hers and walking downstairs, passing by a man who was glaring at Ryder, obviously pissed. Ryder wondered why but didn't think much on it focusing on getting Mikayla home.

"Let's go say bye to my dad." Mikayla stumbled a bit, Ryder catching her as they made their way to her father to say goodbye. Once they did they went outside to catch a cab to head home. All the time Mikayla wondering if what happened on the balcony was real, even after she said goodnight, and got into bed, that kiss was all she could think about.