Lovers Love, Liars Lie

Chapter 4

Today I was Maycin. Or, at least that's what the guy who makes the coffee in Starbucks thinks. There it was, written on the side of my Carmel Latte in scribbled letters; Maycin. Oh how I loved when people didn't know when they were being lied to.

After grabbing my coffee, I sat in a secluded part of the shop and started to people watch. Like me, anyone in here could give a fake name to the pour guy taking the orders, but how many people were like me exactly?

I sat there for five, maybe ten minutes just sipping my coffee and watching the many people walk in and out of the store while I heard the many different names being called out along with each coffee. I think it's odd how the word revolves around what your name is.

Someone that walked in caught my attention. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw an oddly familiar arm. It was hard to mistake that many tattoos for someone else. Lifting my eyes up the rest of his body, it was in fact the same guy from the previous night.

At the same time that I spotted him, his eyes began to look around the room, suddenly noticing me. His eyes caught mine and a smirk spread onto his face. I'd been spotted.

For some reason, I found myself turning my cup, making sure the name wasn't visible by him. I didn't want him to know me as Maycin, but I also didn't want him to know me as Taylor. Never before had I been afraid to lie to someone.

After ordering his own coffee, he walked towards me and pulled out a chair at the same table and sat down. He seemed like a pretty blunt guy, it was a slight turn on, though I don't know a thing about him.

We didn't say anything for a while, instead he joined in on my game of people watching. It was the most entertaining thing I could think of doing at he moment. Eventually, he turned to face me and decided to talk.

"So what were yeh doin' at the party yesterday night?" He asked, taking a drink of his coffee while eyeing me.

Before replying, I made sure my most perfect lie was set in place; my confidence. Without the lie that I was confident in myself, I would be a big failure. "One of my friends dragged me along. She needed an excuse to get laid."

He chuckled a bit and then stopped. It looked like he suddenly thought of something. "Does she happen to be a red head?"

Looking at him confused, I nodded and watched as he began to laugh. At the same time, he barely managed to spit out that his friend brought home some drunken red head last night. It all clicked inside my mind and I smiled along with him.

"I'm gettin' out of 'ere soon." He finally told me, his voice becoming amused. "But before I go, yeh need me to hail yeh a taxi?"

"Nah, I think I'm good." I told him, not able to hide my smile. He was a real charmer. "But thank you, it's very considerate."

He smiled back and stood up, chucking his cup into the garbage can before talking to me again. "My pleasure. I can't let a pretty lady like yeh not get home alright. I'm Oliver by the way, Oliver Sykes."

I stood up also and threw my cup away, disposing any evidence of me once being Maycin and smiled at Oliver. "Nice to meet you Oliver."

I didn't bother giving my name before starting to walk away. Again, faking my confidence, I looked over my shoulder and blew him a kiss before walking out into the busy L.A. streets.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can we say lame? I think so.
Can we say pathetic? I know so.

Comments would be much appreciated,
I have a ton of readers,
and only 7 comments. *sad*

:D
Sory for mistakes.
Forever and always,
Kitten.