Office Life

Rumors

“Hi, I’m Lindsey. I’ll be giving you a tour of the company just follow and ask questions when you need to, then we’ll head over to your own cubicle!” The jumpy little employee squealed her slightly short skirt rising slightly. I saw a thin line of her hip bone before she pulled it down again. We passed by a windowed hallway, she turned to look at her reflection and fixed her hair. “Sorry, didn’t know my hair got so bad. Just a bit of office fun you know?” I did not know; I didn’t want to know. We continued on through the halls, she continued the measly chit-chat she managed to bring up as we passed by random doors. We stop at a small little cubicle, “And this is your new office home!” She clapped her hands in delight and waved goodbye as she skipped away in her small heels. I sighed and sat down, twirling in my chair, adjusting my office clothing every now and then.

“You the intern?” A boy, around his early twenties, asked. I nodded dumbly. “Do me a favor and return this file to the file room.” I nodded and he handed me the file as I exited my cubicle. I headed over to the cabinet room, cracking the door only slightly to make sure I wasn’t disturbing anything. There in one of the many aisles were two people, of what they were doing I had no idea, but their positions weren’t helping me from thinking it was just any old scene in any old office. Against one of the many cabinet walls was a blondish man with his hands behind his head looking above to the ceiling, an open filing drawer hid the upper part of his legs to a bit passed his hips. A bit in front of him was a female, head hidden behind the drawer. It looked as if she was leaning forward slightly and her hands rested on yet another open file drawer. A minor jiggling noise was made before she stopped and groaned.

“Fuck!”

“What’s wrong?” The guy didn’t even look down, just concentrated on the plane white ceiling.

“It’s not working.” She hissed. I saw his leg shift slightly before settling down again.

“Jiggle it a bit.” Another jerking movement from the woman was made before silence. The guy bit his lip, muffling whatever he was about to say, as he stared up. “I’ve had enough, I’ll come back later.” He lowered his hands and seemed to sweep it over something before placing them somewhere out of sight. The girl sighed as she stood up, flipped her hair a bit and made her way to the door. I scrambled to make it down a bit away from the door and walked back slowly. She opened it and her eyes met mine questioningly before completely walking away. I let out a breath of relief as I walked through the doors and headed to A’s section. The blonde left as I waded through a few of the files.

“That was awkward.” I muttered. Finally I returned to my cubicle, stalling as I saw small spikes right above the edge of the walls.

“I’m sure they wouldn’t find out, it’s not like we’re going to get caught.” I heard a low male voice groan. The sound of something falling made me quicken my pace, if what was happening in my cubicle was what I thought it was… I quickened the pace and stared at the sight before me. A boy, most likely in college, held the girl from before around by the waist, one of her legs hooked on the back of his and his hips holding her up. The girl pushed him off and rushed out. “Damn.” With that single muttered word he left and I stared slightly in disgust at the cubicle. Who said office life was boring?
♠ ♠ ♠
This was for the Story Behind the Pic Contest