Chemical Kids and Mechanical Brides

Preordained That We Should Part

Ryan's POV
"Wouldn't you love to marry Vic Fuentes?" asked Davy.
"Nah, he's too old for me, but he can be my cousin! We would have fun."


You know how most stand up comedians always joke about how all Mexicans are related? Well, I guess they were partly right in some way. When I said my brother David and I had been through a lot with each other, I wasn't lying. We were born in Spain even though I was Mexican and had seven brothers and sisters, some that I didn't even know. I was adopted by a family that was willing to share their small house in Ontario, CA with me and my brother when I was six.
I still haven't lost my dang accent.
About four months ago, I convinced my parents to let us meet one of my half sisters named Juliet who lived in San Diego, about a two hour drive away. When Juliet found out we were coming, their whole family through a huge party for us and I took Davy with me for security. Half-way through the party Davy and I stopped in our tracks, our jaws hanging slightly open. In the corner, texting on his phone, was no one other than Vic Fuentes.

"Juliet, who's that?" whispered Davy, still in shock.

"Oh, that's Victor. He's my cousin, so I guess he's your cousin too." she said, looking at the both of us strangely. Davy and I just stood there, gazing at Vic, then each other before I spoke.

"I tol you." I whispered and a smile appeared on our faces.

================================
For the next few months, Vic and Mike were our best friends. We both spent all of our money taking the Metro Train to San Diego every weekend (I think Juliet was a little upset that we didn't really talk to her). They were a little hesitant to let us into their circle, but in time they stopped acting like our cousins and like our friends. It seemed like they were worried about "corrupting" us, until they realized maybe we were more corrupting than them. When they broke the news to us that they would going back on tour, we were bummed until we came up with our master plan.
We would just go with them.
It took a lot of begging from them for a while, until we found out Bring Me the Horizon was going too, we demanded that go and Davy threw in some tears for effect. We sat our parents down and told them respectively that we wanted to go and they shot us down. So, we decided that we weren't taking no for an answer and were leaving anyway. I was starting to have second thoughts until I saw Davy leaning against her black '72 vintage Mustang with her aviator sunglasses on, leaning casually against it with her usual smirk.

"Mike just texted me saying we need to be there in two hours, we gotta go." she said calmly from across my lawn.

"Did it take you a while to leave too?" I said as she came to help me with my bags.

"Three hours." she said giving me a high five, since hugs were over rated.

"This is stupid, why am I sad? I want to go!" I said frustrated with myself.

"Then, let's go! Like I said, two hours." she said throwing my bag in her trunk.

"Then we'll be there in one." I said smiling.
=================================================

I wasn't kidding when I said Davy would have us there in one hour. It seemed like, the louder the music on the radio, the faster she drove. By the time the entire Suicide Season CD was done, we were in front of the Fuentes home.

"Your car looked like a bat out of hell when you turned the corner." said Mike grinning ear to ear as he saw Davy. It kinda freaked me out how close they were, and how his hands so easily slipped around her waist as they hugged. I guess there was a weird factor when it came to who she could like per se. I mean, we were both 18, and we had both crushed on Mike and Vic before. It was just kinda weird that now that we knew them, they saw me as a cousin and her as a potential girlfriend. Not that I would ever consider going with either of them, I mean there are some things you just don't do.
I think dating a cousin is one of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
This whole thing is terribly short, but Kara told me to put out something so I did. I don't really like this, cause it still doesn't represent where the story is going. Sigh.
Comment?
Subscribe?
If you like Pierce the Veil, message me :]
you may be my new best friend!
The whole "I tol you." thing wasn't a typo. Watch this:

and you'll see what I mean towards the end.