Status: Finished!

The Confessions of a Heart Broken Woman

Chapter Eighteen: A Beginning And An End.

We were for three weeks after being in New York for three weeks, when I came home one afternoon from a doctors appointment to people screaming surprise. Lindsay and Abi, got together before the attack and had put a baby shower to me. My baby shower was just for girls. So all the guys had gone to have a daddy shower. Brain S. had come with Abi and they had put it together for Zack.

We played pointless games, laugh hysterically, listened to stories, and eat amazing food. Zack came in as I was starting to open my gifts. He took a seat next to me as I was opening the gift Donna had brought. It was a box of baby clothes, little dresses and girly things. I looked up at her and thanked her.

“No problem I never had a girl. You don’t know how fun it was for me.” She said. I giggled handed the box to Lindsay who was writing who gave what so I could thank you cards.

Abi handed me this huge bag, in side was the cutest baby bag, that was filled with bottles, blankets, one pieces., and other things. Hugged her since she was sitting right next to me. And Brian who was sitting with her carefully leaned down so I could give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. He got a quick chance to rub and kiss my tummy before sitting down.

Val’s gift was next. She got the baby clothes and shoes. The rest of the A7X girls got the same. I was having so much fun and I was so thankful for everything that they gotten me, until Zack, Syn, Johnny, Jimmy and Matt told me they had a all their own for me and the baby.

“What is it?” I asked. Zack offered his hand I got scared. I was very hesitant on taking his hand, but when I did he helped me up and we made our way down our hall to the spear bedroom that we had mainly used for guest. Zack covered me eyes and someone opened the door. We walked in a little and when Zack uncovered my eyes, I was so surprised to see that our guest room had been changed into a nursery. The walls had been painted a light pink, the future was white. There was a crib and a changing table. There was a rocking chair and a small chest of drawers. I looked over at my husband and burst into tears. He held me rubbing my back, when I pulled away I kissed him lightly then hugged the rest of them. Johnny had been brought to tears himself by my happiness.

“So do you like it?” Jimmy asked. I was standing by the crib taking the room in.

“Jimmy there aren’t words to describe how much I love it.” I said. He smiled, I smiled. We went back out into the living room, to find that people were getting ready to leave. I hugged everyone and thanked them for their gifts.

That night after everyone left, I was in the babies room putting her things away, when Zack came in said that we should go to bed it had been a long day and we could finish in the morning. I nodded placed the little shirt I had in my hand in the drawer, pushed the drawer closed and took his hand as he led me into the bedroom.

As we laid there, I laid on my left side and Zack laid behind me rubbing my tummy, that’s when I turned a little and said,

“We still need a name for her.” He looked at me and nodded.

“Yea I guess we do.” he said.

“Have any ideas?” I asked. He shook his head no.

“Do you?” I shook my head no. Names were the last thing on my list.

“Okay, lets brain storm then.” I said. He nodded and thought and I did the same.

“How about Marie?” he asked. I shook my head no.

“I don’t really like that name. How about Alice?” I said.

“No. I don’t like that. How about Grace?” He said. I like that.

“Grace is a beautiful name.” I said.

“Beautiful name for a beautiful baby.” He said. I smiled.

“Okay I got it. How about Grace-Lynn Elizabeth?” I suggested.

“I love it.” he said. I kissed his lips then snuggled close to him and fell asleep.

In the middle of the night I woke up to a sharp pain. I sat up an my hand went straight to my lower stomach. Breathing slowly, the pain went away, not thinking anything about it I laid back down and went back to sleep.

In the morning, I had forgotten about the pain until a similar pain hit me while eating breakfast. I came to the conclusion that they must have been just pre labor pains. Not letting that get to me I went about my day like normal. Around noon I went and laid down and drifted off to sleep, when I woke up I went weird. I stood up and looked down at the bed to see a huge wet spot. I changed my bottoms since they were all wet, go slow I went down to the kitchen grabbed the phone and called Zack who was at the studio. He didn’t answer, so I did what I thought would be best I went down there. As I drove the contractions were getting stronger. I pulled into the parking lot of the studio, Zack and the guys were sitting outside, I turned the car off just as a contraction hit. I leaned my head against the wheel and took deep breathes. When the contraction passed I got out of the car and made it slowly over to the guys.

“Hey Lily.” Jimmy said coming over. He grabbed a chair and had me sit down. “I’ll go get Zack.” He said. I nodded, I watched him go to one of the techs who ran inside. He pulled his cell phone out. He called for ambulance.

When came out, he looked scared. He came to me and asked if I was okay. A contraction hit and I winced as tears built up in my eyes. He wrapped his arms around me and I held on to him. I was getting scared now. I knew then that this was the last leg of my pregnancy. That in a few hours our baby girl would be part of this world.

“Zack the ambulance on it’s way.” Jimmy said calmly. Zack nodded.

“Get her some water.” he said crouching next to me. “Babe did your water break?” I nodded. I hadn’t said anything. “Everything gonna be okay.” he said. I gripped his hand as another contraction hit. Matt and Syn came out.

“Zack is she supposed to be so pale?” Syn whispered, but I still over heard. Zack shook his head no. when the ambulance arrived they got me on a stretcher and into the ambulance. Zack got to ride with me. They gave me oxygen and took my blood pressure. It was really high. The started an IV. Zack asked if what they were giving me was okay for the baby they told him it was. I squeezed his hand as another contraction hit.

I was starting to drift in and out. My heart raced and my whole body was shaking. But I felt better after everything went black.
{Third Person Point of View}

When Lily faded to black, the doctors were really put to work. Her heart had stopped, poor Zack all he could was sit in the waiting room alone waiting for someone to tell him what was happening.

As the minutes passed every hope that the doctor had that they would be able to save Lily became slimmer and slimmer. They tried everything they could, as the operated to get the baby they kept Lily’s heart beating by machine.

Grace-Lynn Elizabeth Baker was born one hour after arriving at the hospital. She looked like her mother but she ha her fathers eyes. Zack was given the news about Lily, he crumbled to the floor, Jimmy and Syn helped him to chair. Zacked asked to see his wife one more time before they pulled the plug. They allowed and he went into where she was. Her body had wires and tubes coming from every part of her body. He took her hand in his, he kissed the back of her hand.

Whispering he loved her like no one else, he cried. A nurse came in and asked him if he would like to see his daughter. She brought the baby in and laid her in his arms. Smiling down at the bay who was sleeping, he turned to Lily who laid there, he told her that they had a beautiful daughter. As he turned to leave, Lily’s heart beat speed up then came back down. Zack turned back to her, thinking that there was some hope she’d be fine.

He whispered to her, and smiled when he seen her eyes start to move under her eye lids. Still holding his daughter in on arm he took Lily’s hand and placed it on the baby. When Lily’s fingers tips made contact with the babies soft skin her eyes popped out she took a deep breath on her own and stared up at Zack who was again crying but for a whole another reason.

He raced to the door and called for help, two nurses and a doctor came in. not sure how it happened they turned to Zack and told him that his wife would live. He thanked God and his daughter for saving the love of his life.

The end.