Sequel: All Grown Up

Story of My Life

Picking up Kane from the Hospital

March 21, 2009 10:00am
I woke up and took a shower. I put on a Billabong tee, Vurt shorts, a black and white DC hat, and DC shoes. I put my cell phone and wallet in my pocket and went downstairs. I went into the kitchen and made some toast. I sat down at the table and began to eat. After i got done, Leah and Dylan came down fully dressed getting some breakfast. I went into the living room and decided to listen to some music. I popped in my Slipknot Live DVD and played the song Wait and Bleed. Dylan and leah came in and rocked out with me. Me and Dylan were playing air guitar and singing while Leah was playing air drums. In the middle of the song People=Shit, Uncle matt and val walked downstairs. They just stared at us and walked into the kitchen laughing. We laughed ad sat down. I looked at the clock and it said 11:30am. I walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, I'm gonna pick up kane from the hospital ok?" I told Uncle Matt who was eating a gronola bar.

"Ok." He said. I walked out.

"Guys, come with me to pick up kane." They got up and we walked out to my car.

(Hospital)

"Hi, I'm Cole Sanders and I'm here to pick up my little brother Kane Sanders." I told the front desk lady. She looked at her computer.

"Ok he is in room 254 on the second floor." We took an elevator up to his room. We walked in and saw his doctor in there with him. Kane was sitting in a chair with his crutchs next to him.

"Hey guys." Kane said standing up with his crutchs. The doctor turned around.

"Who are you?" The doctor asked.

"I'm Cole, Kane's brother. I'm here to pick him up." I told him.

"Ok. Here is kane's medication for pain. If he experiences any problems, please call me." The doctor said handing me the medicine. We left.

(In the car)

"How's your leg?" Dylan asked kane.

"Good." He replied. "I'm hungry."

"Ok. I'll stop at Mcdonalds." I said.

I pulled up in the Mcdonalds drive through.

"Welcome to Mcdonalds how may i help you?" This lady asked through the intercom.

"Yeah i'll have a Chicken nugget happy meal with a coke." I said.

"Ok that will be $4.56. Please pull around to the first window." I did and payed. Then i went to the second window and got the food. I handed the food to kane. We got home and Kane went to the kitchen with me following him with his food. I sat it on the table in front of him. I walked into the living room. That's when it hit me. Our drummer has a broken leg! What if we get offered another gig. I ran upstairs to Dylan's room.

"Dylan, I just realized our drummer has a broken leg! What if we get another gig? He's gonna be in that cast for 3 months!" I said to him. He looked up at me from his bed.

"Dude, they have special technology for that problem. Just like what the drummer of Def Lepard uses because he doesn't have an arm. We're good. Chill." Dylan said smiling.

"Ohh shit. I forgot about that." I said in relief. Dylan laughed.

I walked downstairs. Uncle matt and Val were no where to be found. They probably went to the studio again to practice for the upcoming concert. I sat down on the sectional and turned on the tv. Kane hopped in and sat down next to me.

"Where's Uncle matt?" Kane asked. "I wanna show him my cast and get everyone else to sign it."

"I think he's at the studio. Come on, i'll take you." We got up and walked out to my car and headed to the studio.

They were there cause i seen Uncle Matt's Escalade, Zack's Hummer, Brian's Mersadies, Johnny's Ford, and Jimmy's Bently. We walked in and saw all the guys and their girlfriends sitting around and talking.

"Hey guys." I said walking in with kane behind me.

"Hey, what are you guys doing here?" Uncle matt asked.

"Kane wanted you guys to sign his cast." I told them.

"Come here kane, we will sign it." Kane hopped over to where they were.

"Here, sit on my lap." Jimmy said to him. Kane went over to him and sat down. Setting his crutchs on the floor. Uncle matt pulled out a permanent marker and began signing. Everyone else followed. Lastly, I signed it.

"You guys wanna jam with us?" Brian asked grabbing a guitar. I said yeah and i grabbed a guitar as well. Me and him started battling each other. Of course he won.

"Hey let me play something." Kane said. I handed him the guitar and he started to play Smells like teem spirit by nirvana.

"That was really good kane." Val told him.

"Thanks." He said giving the guitar back to me. I started to play Cyanide by Metallica. Their new song.

"Hey, That's that new Metallica song." Brian said.

"Yep. I love it." I said still playing. I started singing. Brian and everyone else joined. We laughed after i stopped playing. For the next 4 hours, we just sat around and chilled. at like 8:00pm, Dylan and Leah came.

"Hey guys." Uncle matt said.

"Hi." They both replied.

"Grab some instruments and jam with us." I said. They did and that is how our night went. We all left at around midnight.