Sequel: All Grown Up

Story of My Life

Band Practice

May 23, 2009 11:00am
(Leah’s POV)
I walked down to the basement to see Kane, Dylan and Cole with their instruments. Brian, Michelle, Val, matt, jimmy, Leana, Johnny, lacey, amber, and Zack were sitting on the couches that were down there. I went over and grabbed my guitar, stepping in front of my mic.

“We’re gonna play cover songs.” Cole said to me. I nodded.

“Alright, we’re gonna play lithium by Nirvana.” Cole said into his mic. Everyone on the couch started clapping. We started to play.
*Guitar Intro*
I'm so happy 'cause today
I found my friends
They're in my head
I'm so ugly, that's okay
'Cause so are you
Broke our mirrors
Sunday morning is every day
For all I care
And I'm not scared
Light my candles, in a daze
'Cause I've found God

Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah

I'm so lonely, that's ok
I shaved my head
And I'm not sad
And just maybe
I'm to blame for all I've heard
I'm not sure
I'm so excited
I can't wait to meet you there
And I don't care
I'm so horny, that's okay
My will is good

Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah

I like it I'm not gonna crack
I miss you I'm not gonna crack
I love you I'm not gonna crack
I killed you I'm not gonna crack

I like it I'm not gonna crack
I miss you I'm not gonna crack
I love you I'm not gonna crack
I killed you I'm not gonna crack

I'm so happy 'cause today
I found my friends
They're in my head
I'm so ugly, but that's okay
'Cause so are you
Broke our mirrors
Sunday morning is every day
For all I care
And I'm not scared
Light my candles in a daze
'Cause I've found god

Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah

I like it I'm not gonna crack
I miss you I'm not gonna crack
I love you I'm not gonna crack
I killed you I'm not gonna crack

I like it I'm not gonna crack
I miss you I'm not gonna crack
I love you I'm not gonna crack
I killed you I'm not gonna crack
Everyone clapped again.

“This next song is until it sleeps by Metallica.” Cole said into his mic.

“Woo METALLICA!” Zack yelled making everyone laugh.

I loved this song a lot. After the song, we played TNT by AC/DC, Feeling This by Blink 182, and Walk by Pantera. After that we took a seat, resting with everyone, before playing some more.

“Great solo in walk Cole.” Brian said.

“Thanks.” He replied taking a drink of his water.

“Mad props to you too best friend.” Zacky said knuckle punching with me. I laughed saying thanks.
“This guy is getting better than me.” Jimmy said smiling at Kane who laughed.

“Even though I am using a stupid drum machine til I get my cast off in 4 weeks.” He said smiling. After about ten minutes, we went to do a few more songs.

“Jimmy, fill in for me. My leg is starting to hurt a little.” Kane said handing jimmy his drumsticks. Jimmy went over to the other drum kit in the room.

“What should we play?” I asked into my mic.

“Almost easy.” Jimmy said.

“Alright, let’s do it.” Cole said starting off with the intro. After that song, we played one by Metallica.

“Leah, you play lead on this song.” Cole said smiling at me. Yeah! I love doing the solos to this song. Soon, we finished the song.

“I knew my best friend had it in her.” Zack said to me. I giggled.

“Hey Kane, play a song on piano.” Cole said. Kane smiled and got up getting behind the keyboard.

“I don’t know any piano songs.” Jimmy said getting up.

“I’ll play.” I said setting my guitar down and grabbing the drum sticks from him, sitting behind the drum kit, adjusting the seat.

“Let’s play It Ends Tonight by The All American Rejects.” Kane said into the piano mic.

We all nodded and he started off the song with the piano intro. He had a good voice. Then Cole and I came in on the guitar and drums with a soft rhythm. Me hitting the high hat softly and Cole strumming on his guitar softly. Soon Dylan came in. I looked at Kane who had his eyes closed. He loved this song. I smiled as I played the drums, thinking of how good my 10 year old brother was. I looked over at everyone else sitting on the couch and realized they have never heard Kane sing before. They sat there in awe when I saw Leana and Michelle swaying back and forth and singing along with the words. Soon the song came to an end and everyone cheered.

“Kane, I didn’t know you could sing!” Matt said. Kane laughed.

“You were great buddy.” Brian said smiling.

“Thank you.” Kane said standing up.

“Alright, that’s a wrap.” Cole said setting his guitar down. We all went upstairs and into the living room. I looked at the clock and sighed. It was 1:25pm. I sat back and listened to the conversation the guys were having.