Sequel: All Grown Up

Story of My Life

A Day off with Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold

June 22, 2009 11:00am
(Leah’s POV)

Right now I am about to take a shower to get ready to play with Metallica on their day off. I grabbed a The Devil Wears Prada tee and true religion shorts and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

(Cole’s POV)

Right now Dylan and I are getting ready for our jam session with Metallica. I put on my megadeth tank top and Volcom shorts. I grabbed some dc socks and sat on my bed to put them on. I slipped on my dc shoes and went to go brush my hair. I put my phone, wallet, and room key in my pockets and sat on the bed waiting for Dylan. Soon, he came out of the bathroom with a famous stars and straps shirt and Quiksilver shorts. Then, my phone started to ring. I looked at the caller id but didn’t recognize the number.

Me-Hello?
Lars-Hey Cole, this is Lars. I called you because I can’t get a hold of the guys, are they alright?
Me-I bet they are still asleep. They were so wasted last night
Lars-did they get there ok?
Me-well it took awhile but, we got them to their rooms. I should go check on them
Lars-ok well, stop by the music store that we passed yesterday downtown and well be there playing
Me-Alright man, later
Lars-Bye

I put the phone back in my pocket.

“We gotta go wake up the guys. Apparently Lars has been trying to get a hold of them but they won’t answer their phones. They are probably still asleep.” I told Dylan getting up.

He nodded and we walked out the door. I went into jimmy’s room first and Dylan went into matt’s room. When I got into jimmy’s room, he was laying on the bed with Leana on top of him asleep. I laughed quietly to myself. I noticed a cymbal on a chair in there and grabbed it. I grabbed some drumsticks and set the cymbal on the table next to their bed. I counted to three and started to bang the shit out of the cymbal. Jimmy shot up and screamed, making Leah fall off the bed screaming. He looked over at me.

“Cole! What the fuck!” He yelled. I laughed.

“Dude, Lars has been trying to call you guys. We have to meet him at the music store downtown.” I told him. He looked confused.

“Don’t you remember?” I asked him. He shook his head.

“You guys were so plastered last night that does not surprise me.” I replied. “We have to meet Metallica to play with them today.”

“Holy shit! I totally forgot!” He said. Leah got up from the floor. I rolled my eyes.

“Hurry and get ready.” I told him. I walked out of the room to see Dylan dodging objects coming from matt’s room.

“I take it he got mad.” I said. Dylan dodged an empty beer can.

“You think!” He yelled at me.

“MATT STOP!” I yelled walking into his room. He sat down on his bed.

“What the hell dude?” I said. He looked at me.

“Sorry but he came in and jumped on me and I hit my head on the head board.” He said. I started to laugh.

“You remember we have to meet Metallica today? Lars called me and told me he couldn’t get a hold of you guys.” His eyes went wide.

“Fuck now I remember.” He said getting up.

“Hurry and get ready.” I told him walking out of the room. Dylan was still out there.

“You ok bro?” I asked him. He nodded.

“Next time, you wake up matt.” He said. I smiled.

“Alright, you get Johnny and lacey and I’ll get Zacky and Gena and Brian and Michelle.” I said.

He nodded and went into Johnny’s room. I went into zacky’s. I knew exactly what to wake him up with. I pulled out my phone. He absolutely hates the grudge sound that scary woman makes. I put it on that sound and put it up to his ear. I pushed play and it made that sound. He screamed literally like a girl and sat up. Gena sat up quietly too looking at him. I laughed.

“You scared the shit out of me. I thought the grudge was here and was gonna eat me.” He said running his fingers through his hair.

“Sorry but we have to meet Metallica at the music place today.” I told him.

“Oh right! Shit, I forgot.” He said getting up.

I walked out and went to Brian and Michelle’s room. They were still asleep also. I grabbed a rubber band off the night table and flicked it at Brian. It didn’t do anything so I flicked another on at his face.

“Ow.” He said putting his hand over his face. He looked at me and glared.

“What the hell are you doing in here Cole?” He yelled pretty pissed.

“Lars has been trying to get a hold of you and we have to meet him at that music place.” I said.

“Oh yeah, alright.” He said. I rolled my eyes and walked out. I went back into my room to see Dylan and Leah in there laughing.

“Alright, everyone is up and ready.” I told them. They nodded.

“Let’s go wait in the lobby for them.” Dylan said.

We all got up and went to the lobby. About 20 minutes later, everyone came down to the lobby. Zacky had two left handed guitars with him. He came over and handed me one. I smiled at him and he nodded. We all walked out to the escalades. 15 minutes later, we arrived at the music place downtown. We walked down to the practice area downstairs. We saw Metallica messing around on the instruments. They looked up and stopped playing.

“Hey we are really sorry about us being late.” Matt said.

“That’s alright bro.” Lars said.

“Well let’s get jamming.” James said smiling. Cole Dylan and I smiled. We all got our instruments set up.

“You guys know any of our songs?” James asked.

“Yeah, most of them.” Cole said.

“Cool alright, let’s play enter sandman.” James said. Cole and I started playing at the same time Kirk did. They were pretty surprised at what we could do then he gave us something more challenging.

“Alright, you guys know run to the hills by Iron Maiden?” James asked. We nodded.

“Alright, you guys and Lars are gonna be playing this one.” He said putting his guitar down.

I shrugged and went to playing with them. I couldn’t really hit the high parts either but since me being a kid was probably easier to do so than it would be for James. Next we played a Ramones song with everyone joining in on vocals and stuff. It sounded pretty weird. We played around for another 3 hours just talking or playing songs and getting to know more about Metallica. They are really cool guys. While the guys and the guys of Metallica we’re talking and the girls we’re talking, my phone rang.

Me-Hey lil bro
Kane-Tomorrow
Me-What?
Kane-Tomorrow I get my cast off
Me-Ohh yeah, are you excited?
Kane-yes I can’t wait to get this itchy thing off
Me-are you having fun there with Val?
Kane-you’re kidding right?
Me-a little
Kane-anyway what is all that background noise?
Me-me and everyone is sitting around talking with Metallica
Kane-Are you serious?
Me-Yeah bro.

“Is that Kane?” Matt asked from beside me. I nodded.

“Put him on speaker so he can talk to everyone.” Zacky said.

Me-Hey Kane, you wanna talk to Metallica?
Kane-Are you gonna put me on speaker?
Me-Yeah
Kane-Ok

I put the phone on speaker and sat it on the table.

Me-Alright buddy you’re on speaker
Kane-Ok

“Hey Kane, this is James.” James said smiling.

Kane-Hey sorry I can’t be there

“That’s alright your brothers and sister explained everything. Maybe well come see you some other time.” James said.

Kane-That would be awesome

“Alright we’ll I’m gonna let you talk to Lars now.” James said sitting back in his chair.

“Hey Kane.” Lars said.

Kane-You are a god!

Lars laughed. “Thanks dude, I wish I could hear you play drums. I’ve heard that you’re really good.”

Kane-yeah I guess so. I’ve been playing since I was 4

“Wow, that’s a long time.” Lars said.

After Kane got done talking to Lars he talked to Kirk and Robert then hung up. Practically the rest of the day was spent with Metallica. We went out to eat with them before going back to the hotel to sleep before their next show tomorrow night.