Dude Looks Like a Lady

Chapter 18: Lunch

The mood had been affectively ruined by Frank… so any wishes to remain locked in each others embrace and fall asleep together in the midday sunshine was washed away. We scrambled out of bed, giggling like two naughty teenagers and dressed hurriedly.

We skidded down the stairs, still giggling. We hadn’t thought about sex hair or sex smell so I couldn’t quite believe it when Frank pulled a disgusted face at us.

“You two can’t help it can you? There’s someone else in your house and you still fuck!” He snaps.

Feeling slightly rebuffed I walked over to him and hugged him, “How’s you and Jamia going?” I ask quietly.

He mumbles something incoherent into the salad he’d cooked and pouts. I glance backwards to Mikey and he shrugs, looking slightly amazed. Rolling my eyes I turn back to Frank and poke him slightly. “I said she’s not giving me any!” Frank snaps at me.

“Why not?” I ask, frowning.

“She found out about this ‘lady – friend’ of mine… that was you.”

“Oh.” I bit my lip and shook my head, “I’m really sorry, Frankie. I really, really am.”

He shook his head, “It’s not your fault.”

“Who insisted that you didn’t tell anyone it was me?” I ask.

“Uhm, you? But I could have told Jam!” He buries his head into my chest and sniffles slightly. I sigh and stroke his hair, mumbling sweet things into his ear. “She said she was gonna come and talk to Mikey about it because, he deserves to know.” He wails plaintively.

“There’s nothing to tell him.” I whisper into his ears. “We haven’t done anything wrong.” Frank raises tear filled eyes to mine and I nod. “It’s not like you treated me like a lady – friend. Jeez! You hugged me once or twice, but we didn’t kiss or sleep together! Mikey can testify to the sleeping together.” Frank pulls a disgusted face. The door bell goes. “You tell Mikey everything he needs to know about Jamia and I’ll get the door.” I smooth my hair from sex hair to messy hair as I walk down the hall to the door. I open it to be met with a very beautiful, short woman. “Hi. Come on in, you must be Jamia. Frank’s been telling me loads about you.” I step away from the door and wait for her to come in. She does so and I take her coat, hanging it up on the pegs.

“Is Mikey in?” She asks quietly.

“Sure. Frank’s just filling him in on you. I’m afraid that Frank’s flying visits to all over the country were to check that I wasn’t doing anything stupid. Mikey and I got off to a bad start with our marriage.”

Jamia’s eyes widened and then narrowed, “Why didn’t he say it was you?”

“I didn’t anyone to know. I’m afraid you’ll have to blame innocence and youth for that. I’m only 24.”

She nods, “What’s Frank doing here now?”

“He came with Gerard to tell Mikey that he missed band practise… Gerard blamed me. Mikey blamed the alcohol.”

“What are you doing here?”

“I came for a flying visit to Mikey. We made up last night. Also – this hair’s new.” She nods.

“I feel really silly, ya know. I was coming to tell Mikey you were cheating on him with his best friend.”

I nod, “Frank told me. He’s really upset ya know.”

She nods, “I thought he might be. I feel really, really stupid.”

I shake my head, “Have some lunch, talk to Frank in the garden and then go back to his.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah. Frank will want to show his girl off to his best mate.” I tell her, as I lead her into the kitchen. “Guys, Jamia’s here.” I tell them, Frank’s sitting in Mikey’s lap crying his eyes out. Frank’s head shoots up and he looks at her, his eyes soften and a small smile plays round his lips. I dish up some lunch for everyone. “How about you two go and eat this outside.” I suggest softly passing Jamia a plate and Frank one.

They nod, completely engrossed in each other. I smile slightly and pass Mikey a plate, and sit down next to him. “I like Jamia. I like what she does to Frankie.” Mikey tells me, covering my hand with his.

“I thought you’d like her. Do you forgive Frank for not telling you about her?”

Mikey nods, “How could I not, when he was making sure my wife was safe?”