Dude Looks Like a Lady

Chapter 26: A Lou Reed Tribute!!

We arrived at Burger King in time to be the last customers in there. Jamia and I were unimpressed with the choice of restaurant by Frank and even more unimpressed when we were presented with some chips and a drink.

“Jesus Frank!” Jamia snapped pushing the fast food out of the way. “I’m tired and hungry. I’m not interested in eating crap. Nor’s Lou.” I looked up from where I was force feeding my chips to Mikey at the mention of my name. “You can stop being so damn tight with your money and pay for us to have a decent dinner.” Jamia told him. Frank blushed and reached into his pocket producing a thick wallet and a wadge of noted. He handed Jamia the wadge and leant in to kiss her lips in apology. She turned her head away. “Thank you.” She mumbled leaning in to catch him off guard. She grabbed my hand and began to lead my out of the diner.

I waved at Mikey and he grabbed my hand pulling my down for a kiss. “I’m not kissing you when you taste of grease!” I tell him kissing his hair, “I’ll be back soon babe I promise.” He nods and kisses me.

“Ha!” He teases me, “I got you.” He sticks his tongue out at me and giggles cutely at me. I shake my head and pat his shoulder before turning to leave the restaurant with Jamia.

We made our way round to Taco Bell. “Such a brilliantly posh place for dinner Jamia.” I tease her, she shrugs and enters the dinner before ordering us some food. She gathers it and pays the bill before heading with me out to the park. We sit on a bench eating our Taco Bell when I randomly start singing Lou Reed Perfect Day.

Jamia glances at me and shakes her head before joining in with the song. We end up dancing round and on the bench shouting “Perfect Day” at the top of our lungs and bouncing round the park.

At the end of the song, Jamia and I dust down our clothes, throw our trash out and head back to Burger King to find the boys. Everyone else in the park looks at us oddly and we just continue on our way, quietly talking about the idiots who disturb the peace in the park. We made it all the way down the street and round the corner before we collapse into giggles.
We stagger into Burger King still giggling to collapse into the booth with the boys. Jamia hands the left over notes to Frank and I snuggle into Mikey’s shoulder still giggling.

“What’s got into you two?” Ray asks cautiously.

“We got a Taco Bell and then we went to the park. I started singing ‘Perfect Day’ with Jamia. And when we finished we cleaned up and then left talking about the idiots who disturb the peace.” I explain, giggling and sticking my tongue out at Jamia who responds in kind.

“Have you two been drinking?” Frank asks worriedly.

Jamia shakes her head, “We’ve just had the perfect day.” I collapse onto Mikey’s knees as she says that.

“We drank Sangria in the park.” I inform them.

“Then we saw a movie, and maybe home.” Jamia continues.

“Lou Reed was a great vocalist.” I sigh dreamily leaning back against Mikey’s shoulder. I snuggle closer to Mikey and bite his ear before mumbling, “I think I’m pregnant.”