Dude Looks Like a Lady

Chapter 40: Learning About Love

Well, Mikey had said that I wouldn’t be walking for a week… and he was near enough right. When I woke up the next morning all my muscles ached and my pelvis… well, even labour was less painful than my pelvis the next morning.

“Aww shit.” I whisper as I attempt to move my body, without any success. “Mikey.” I whisper, nudging him softly. We’d managed to not sleep one on top of the other, but I was caught up in his arms and legs. Making it difficult to tell which legs were mine, and which weren’t.

He groans softly, “Mmmm?”

“I can’t move.” I tell him, trying to wriggle closer to him. He just rolls away pouting.

“You could have just pushed me off or something. No need to wake me up and tell me you don’t like it cuddle.” He strops.

“No… Mikey, I can’t move. As in all my muscles are too painful to move.” I tell him, feeling like a prize prat.

He rolls over, stretching and laughing to look at me and raise his eyebrows at me in disbelief.

“It’s true!” I whine at him, feeling more and more pathetic and stupid.

He laughs and clambers out of bed. He walks through to the en suite and I hear him running a deep bath. I raise an eyebrow because I couldn’t see what he was thinking by running a bath and not saying anything. Eventually the water stops running and he comes back out of the en suite. He walks right up to my side of the bed and stoops to scoop me up into his arms ad carry me into the en suite and into the bath.

“Aww, Mikey!” I coo at him as he blushes and climbs into the bubbly hot water after me. “It’s so sweet of you.” I tell him, relaxing into his warm body and the hot water.

He pokes me gently, “Don’t you dare fall asleep in here!” He chides me. I pout at him, as much as I can and he laughs. “Sorry babe, that’s not gonna work.” He pauses for a couple of minutes when he reaches round and kisses my neck softly, “When are we picking up baby? And do my kisses help relax your muscles?”

“Jam and Frankie said they’ll have her till tomorrow and yes they do.” He gently swaps positions with me, within the bath and kisses all the exposed flesh he can, whilst the warm, soothing water does the rest of the relaxation work.

Eventually we clamber out of the bath, shrivelled and wrinkled like prunes but relaxed and clean.

Everything we do that day is done slowly, calmly and together. We just spent a day revelling in being together and realising that even after a heavy night of lust and love we can show love in simple kisses over breakfast or baths that take hours.

I know that in that day I saw more about love than I had before. I realised that I could show my love for Mikey in many different ways – sometimes, just by accepting everything he did for me with a smile and kiss.