Dude Looks Like a Lady

Chapter 41: A Flight To Australia

Time passed, Lizzie was returned to us with a broody Frank scaring the shit out of Jamia. We were just doing the final morning pack of pyjama’s, toothbrushes, toothpaste, hairbrushes and daily stuff for a travelling baby before heading into the car to head for the airport to go to Australia.

We had decided to go ahead with the idea of me and Lizzie trailing about behind Mikey and the band. It could only really work because Gerard and I had sorted our shit out over the last few days. Well, Mikey had shut us in a room together until we’d sorted it out. He’s a determined sod.

“Come on, Lizzie!” Mikey coaxed her, trying to make her sit in her car seat whilst he buckled her in. “Sit still, sweetie.” He tried again, holding her in place with one hand and trying to do the fiddly buckles with the other.

I’d loaded the car and stood behind Mikey, “Need a hand, babe?”

He shook his head, “I need an obedient daughter.” He tells me, using an ominous tone. “If we don’t’ leave soon we’ll miss the flight.” He frets; I sigh and gently move him out of the way.

“Lizzie.” I begin, looking stern and making eye contact with her, “Sit still for Mommy.” She immediately sits still and I do up the buckles whilst Mikey fumes in the driver’s seat.

“Why does she not respect me? What did I do wrong? How did you make her do that? When did you become the favourite parent? Who made you wondermom?” He snapped at me as I leisurely did up my belt.

“She does respect you, she’s just pushing you. You didn’t do anything wrong – she’s just pushing the limits. She knows that she can’t with me, so she doesn’t bother. I’m far from the favourite parent – Mommy does all the yacky things. I didn’t know I was wondermom – but I do try.” I tell him, answering all his questions and leaning over to kiss him as he pulls out of the drive.

He grumps all the way to the airport, but I was too tired to tease him out of the sullens and just doze all the way to the airport as he fumes and lets his anger build within him.

“We’re here.” He tells me, heading out of the car to get Lizzie and her seat. She’d need it on the plane. I sigh and open the door, moving to grab the bags and things because Lizzie and her seat were a handful enough for two people.

Mikey checks him and Lizzie in, whilst I check in with the luggage and we finally meet the band, as they let us on first.

Lizzie was settled into a seat next to Frank and opposite her dad, whilst Jamia and I sat behind them and chatted before we go too tired and fell asleep, leaning against each other.

The flight was long, the seats were cramped and Lizzie decided to be squawky about half way through at however high it was… when Jamia and Frank were joining the mile high club, the rest of the band was asleep and I was trying to.

Sighing I wake up enough to stand up and bounce her softly on my lap, getting a chance to sniff her nappy – it stank. I sighed, gathered her bag and headed for a bathroom. Hoping I wasn’t about to scar my baby and myself with the unstifled moans of my friends.

Thankfully I didn’t and all she needed was a change and a quick feed before she settled down to just sniffling and looking petulant. When I got back to Mikey’s seat, from where I’d been walking up and down jogging her slightly he was awake.

“Can I have baby?” He asks gently, looking sorry. I nod and hand her over.

“You’re welcome to her if I can sleep!” I tell him, jokingly. He smiles and pushes me into his chair, handing me his pillow and blanket.

“Comfy?” He asks me as I spread my legs in front of me onto her chair. He gets no response as I fall asleep within seconds.

*Mikey’s POV*
Lou really made me smile on planes. She doesn’t mind flying but those long legs of hers that I loved made it difficult for her. She could never get completely comfy because the gap between the seats was too small and she could poke her feet out in front of the seat in front of her, if she really tried.

I had pushed her into my seat because it was the maternity seat with lots of room. Thus she could stretch her legs and sleep for the rest of the journey or that was my plan anyway. I shoogled Lizzie up and down a bit whilst she gurgled, she’d looked petulant with Mommy… maybe I did only do the fun bits?

Eventually she began to droop, Frank and Jamia came out of a loo looking hot and sweaty – I should do that with Lou on the way back. She’d like it… it would keep in tie with our sort of kinky theme at the moment. I laughed softly as the captain called for us to sit down, because we’d be landing in half an hour.

Thank god for that. “You ready to sit back down, now, baby girl?” I asked Lizzie, quietly as she gurgled at me as I pulled faces at her, keeping her occupied as I did up the buckles of her seat and then the planes seat belt. Frank and Jamia curled up in Jamia and Lou’s seats as I took Frank’s old seat.

Lou slowly woke up as we finally hit the run way, she stretched and yawned, turning slightly in her chair and revealing her milky skin. “Morning baby.” I told her as she tried to go back to sleep. The bell dinged and I took off my seat belt, leaning forward I shake her knee gently.

“Come on, hun. Waky time now. We’ve landed.” I tell her, kissing her softly.

She nodded in her sleep, “Two hours more?” She mumbled to me, trying to look even more cute whilst sleeping.

I laughed and shook my head, “I can’t carry you, Lizzie, the seat, her bag and ours. I need you to carry something, hun.” She nods as she stumbles out of her seat and grabs Lizzie’s bag. “You look like a zombie with static.” I tell her, kissing her softly.

She pulls a face and bites me gently, “There.” She yawns, “You’re zombified too, now.” She sways down the aisle as I follow her with Lizzie and the seat. I could get used to having my two favourite girls about all the time.