Dude Looks Like a Lady

Chapter 43: Telling Everyone Else

I laugh at his request and my head turns as I hear the door open and Lizzie totter through to climb onto our bed.

“Morning, baby.” I tell her, opening my arms to her.

“Mornin’ mommy” She lisps slightly, Mikey coo’s in my ear and mumbles a morning to her. By this time she’s crawled up to our bed and snuggled in front of me, with Mikey’s hands on her. “Famy tuggles” she commands.

I shift slightly and make a slight noise in my throat. “Pwease.” She adds suddenly. I kiss her head and wrap my hands round her, as Mikey does too.

“Lizzie” Mikey begins, suddenly telling her about my pregnancy, “Do you want a baby sister or brother?”

She’s silent for a bit before nodding, “Yeah!” She tells us excitedly.

“That’s good.” I tell her, “Daddy and I are waiting for one… it should be here in about nine months, I guess.” I tell her.

She wriggles round to look at me and sit on the bed, making Mikey and I sit up, still cuddling slightly. “Go you on a list to have a baby?” She lisps to us, her lisp making it cute.

Mikey shakes his head a little, “Not quite, baby. Mommy and Daddy have to have a special cuddle and then the new baby grows in Mommy…” Mikey takes Lizzie’s hands and places them on my stomach, “It’s growing in Mommy now.”

Lizzie looks confused, “Why did you make a baby widdout tellings me?” She asks, looking close to tears.

“We thought you’d like it as an early Christmas present.” I tell her swiftly, “And, you’re such a perfect little girl that we want another baby!” She gurgles happily and I feel us stop as she slides off the bed.

“Who knows else?” She asks us, getting adorably confused.

“Just us at the moment.” I tell her absentmindedly, searching the floor for my clothes.

“That means you me and Mommy.” Mikey explains. “Tell you what – you ring Unkie Frank and tell him to bring everyone here and you can get them to wait so we can break the news yeah?” I slid out of bed as she rushes off to do so.

I smile after her and look at Mikey as he kisses me softly, “You’re so good with her – it’s great.” Mikey grins.

“Everything I do with her, I do for approval from you.”

I blush and find some clothes before washing in the bathroom and dressing in a pair of hipster skinny legs jeans and one of my home made off the shoulder tops. Mikey smiles at my choice of clothes as I brush my hair and apply my eyeliner. He kisses my neck and bites softly at my collar bone. I giggle lightly, like a school girl.

“Mikey!” I hiss at him, pushing softly at his chest.

“Excuse me for finding you mind – blowingly gorgeous.” He teases me softly pulling his own clothes on.

I shake my head as I start making us breakfast and turning on the stereo as everyone piles onto the bus, “You making us breakfast?” Gee asks, scooping up Lizzie and blowing on her tummy.

“Yeah. You wanna dress her for me, real quick?” He nods and carries her away quizzing her on what she wants to wear. The toaster pops and I display the cooked PopTarts ready for eating on a plate as the rest come through and snuggle up on the sofa.

Gee and Lizzie come through as Mikey does and the toaster pops once more. Mikey takes the PopTarts through as I bring glasses and Gee brings Lizzie.

“Lizzie said you had news for us?” Frank asks, looking excited. “You found aliens on the bus?”

I laugh at his randomness as Jamia looks slightly scared, “This man thinks he can bring normal children up?! Lord help them!” She teases him as he pouts.

“Ok – cut it out love birds!” I cut through them, laughing as does everyone else.

Lizzie swallows her mouthful of PopTart and her mouthful of juice, “Mommy’s pwegnent.” She tells them proudly, “They wanted another me.”

Everyone turns to look at Lizzie then me and Mikey, Jamia recovers first, “You’re pregnant?” She asks gobsmacked.

Mikey and I nod embarrassed, I scratch the back of my neck, “Uhh yeah.”