Dude Looks Like a Lady

Chapter 49: If I Get Much Happier; I Might Just Bu

*Mikey’s POV*
Lou came back home, grinning from ear to ear. She dropped the shopping in the kitchen and immediately locked herself away; she hadn’t even taken her jacket off. I raised an eyebrow and knocked on the door before entering, I was just in time to see her seal an envelope and write my name across it in a flourishing cursive hand. I raised my other eyebrow and tried thinking about what I could possibly be receiving from her.

“Hey, baby. Are you all done in here?” I ask her, perching on the table as she pops a couple more wine gums into her mouth. She nods, her mouth full and stands up, heading towards the door. “You want a hand, taking your jacket off? Lizzie’s sleeping in her cot in the kitchen, I’ve unpacked the shopping. How many packets of wine gums did you buy?”

She blushes, pulling the packet from her coat as she hangs it up, from where I’d eased it from her shoulders. “Uhh, enough?” She asks me, batting her eyelashes at me. “I’ve been craving them for so long now, and I had a mega craving recognition half way through my shop.” She admits sheepishly before heading into the kitchen to move Lizzie’s cot through to the living room, somehow she’d fixed some wheels to it.

I watched her dispose herself on the three seater sofa, and cover herself with the blanket as she turned on the TV and switched over to “Dave”. I kissed her forehead, wanting her to know that I loved her so much and that when she wasn’t with me I worried about and miss her.

She looked up at me as I kissed her, and she smiled, before pouting for a kiss. I kiss her lips gently, and take a step back, “I should be back soon.” I tell her, “I’m just heading for the jewellery store, I think.”

She nods, before grinning happily at me. I laugh and kiss her forehead once more before leaving the living room and my love behind. I headed out for the car.

Whilst she’d been away I’d gone through her jewel box for her favourite necklace that was just a string of white pearls. She was a more masculine woman than most, but I also knew that she had a penchant for fine jewellery. Those white pearls weren’t just any old pearls they were ancient, and flawless. They were each perfect spheres and they were each perfect in their colour.

And I knew that she also had a taste for the elegant, but simple ones that didn’t scream “I’M WORTH THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS” but if you knew what you were looking at it said, “I have taste and I was a gift from a loved one.” That would be all anyone needed to know was her argument, I knew this because I’d taken her jewel shopping before. She had an uncanny knack for picking the most expensive item on the tray.

I pulled up outside the jewel store and headed inside, straight for the earrings. I was going to buy her a matching set of earrings for this necklace, and possible a nice little ring if they had one. It wouldn’t bother me if they didn’t because a nice pair of pearl dangly earrings would be enough to show her that I could and would match her taste in jewels.

“May I be of assistance, sir?” one of the assistants asked, very professionally.

I nodded, “Sure. I’m looking for some dangly earrings made of this type of pearl. Preferably a solid frame for the pearls, because my wife and I have one baby and another on the way.”

The assistant nodded, looking at the necklace I was holding out. He frowned at it, glanced over the tray of earrings and stood back a little thinking. He pouted and frowned a little more before heading over to the manager. He whispered something and came back shaking his head.

“We don’t have any earrings to your description. However, I reckon that your wife would appreciate this.” He pointed to a fine gold chain with a small gold heart shaped pendant attached to it that was inset with fine blue pearls and little sapphire in the middle.

I gazed at it, imaging her opening the packet, “May I ask the price of it?” I check with the man. He nods and reveals the figure, I glance at the rest of the tray and he proceeds to tell me that it was the most expensive items there. “I think that’s the one.” I look once more at it and smile at the tiny pearls, and tiny sapphire. It was definitely understated and it did say “Lou” to me.

I parted with the cash and carefully inserted the box into my jacket pocket, before heading to my car just outside the door. I grinned as I settled into my seat, I had possibly just bought the best present I ever could have for my wife. The thought of that and her smile when she opened it made my smile grow wider. The fact that she would be pleased (or so I hoped) made me that little bit happier than I thought I could ever be. If I got any happier I might just bust.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I have at last updated. Chapter 50's in the process of being written, keep being patient, my loves, please. I know it's being ridiculously slow and you're probably as frustrated with me as I am with some authors (who will remain nameless). My excuse is terrible too, so I shan't waste your time with it. Just please, keep reading and (hopefully) commenting. A comment, even a nasty one, makes my day.
And, yes, I know it's not really going anywhere. However, I assumed you'd prefer some story to none? As insincere as this sounds, do correct me if I'm wrong. I really prefer it if someone tells me the truth to just feeding me shit. Anyway - now I've wasted all your time... Have A Great Coming Week/Month/Whatever. MF xxx