Status: active;

A Recipe for Disaster

Our Chemistry is Kerosene.

[Izzy's POV]

By the time the day Anabelle and I were going to watch the boys practice, I was anxious to go. Not just to hear more of their band's material, but also excited to see Jack. He and I had, well... I would wish I could say we mingled, but we definitely flirted that evening at Soundtrack (unless you missed the part where I smacked his ass, but then now you're up to speed!). Aside from the hint of physical tension between us, I really liked Jack and I wanted to spend more time with him. He was all I could think about lately. I was scared when I'd gotten home from Soundtrack and gone to sleep and the first thing to enter and last to leave my mind was the smolder in his eyes. I could remember how smoky and alluring his eyes were and I was afraid that the way Jack looked at me was a bit further of a leap from coffee buddies.

Anabelle and I walked from my house to Alex's house where they were holding practice, and she seemed to be just as anxious as I was. "What's new, Pikachu?"

"Hm?" Anabelle muttered, responding to the nickname I'd given to her back in the 2nd grade. "Oh, um... nothing. I'm not nervous or anything if that's what you were thinking."

"Well, I wasn't, but now I'm thinking you are," I said. "You're just nervous about seeing Alex. Didn't you guys go out for coffee the other day?" A dreamy look overtook Anabelle's face.

"Yeah, we did..." she said with an enamored sigh.

"You're kinda pathetic," I said. She glared at me.

"Hey, I tried calling you all day yesterday and your phone was always busy. What the hell was going on?" she asked.

"Well, I was talking to Jack," I said smiling to myself at the thought.

"All day?"

"Yeah, we were talking about... um... well, I'm really not sure what we were talking about, but it was fun talking about it," I said. Anabelle looked at me.

"Well, whatever it was you two were talking about, I'm glad you two hit it off," she said. "So, when are you two going to go on a date?" I froze as we stood outside the garage door.

"A-a... what?" I blurted. She arched an eyebrow.

"A date, Izz. I figured toy and Jack would start dating for sure," she said. "Besides, you were doing that thing you do."

I rolled my eyes. "What thing?"

"Y'know, when you flirt with him and get all shy at the same time," she replied. "It's kinda weird, little Jigglypuff. And a little skanky."

"Shut your mouth."

"I'm just saying!" she said defensively. "I mean, you and Jack get along so well-"

"Just stop talking," I said, pushing the garage door up and open. We saw the guys setting up but we looked right at Jack, who stood on an amp wearing bright blue booty shorts with 'get low' printed on the ass.

Alex looked at us, smirking. "Ladies," he said in a somewhat creepy tone. Anabelle blushed when her eyes met Alex's. I looked up at Jack, a little confused.

"Ay, Barakat," I called. He turned to face me, smirking. "What's up with the shorts?"

"What; you don't like them?" he asked. "I kind of think they make my ass look perky. Don't you?" I face-palmed. "I can scissor-kick in these babies, wanna see?"

"No!" we all exclaimed, even Zack and Rian who had been relatively quiet the whole time. I grabbed Jack's hand, pulling him down off the amp.

"Thanks for the offer, but we don't wanna risk one of your boys popping out," I told him. He laughed lightly and my eyes met his. His eyes, warm and chocolaty, were sincere and genuine and the way he looked at me made me blush.

"Jack, quick flirting with Izzy and put on something fucking sensible," Alex told told him, Anabelle at his side. Jack pouted.

"Fine, I'll put on pants,"he grumbled, handing his guitar off to me. He walked over to Alex and smirked. "But you want Anabelle to take yours off." Alex's jaw dropped and he punched Jack in the arm.

"Jack, shut the fuck up!" Anabelle insisted, blushing terribly. I laughed as Jack jokingly mocked her plead. Her left the room and I felt all eyes lock on me.

I raised an eyebrow. "What's with the looks?"

Alex smirked. "Are you aware that you're all Jack has been talking about since Friday?" I shrugged.

"I'm... sorry?" I said. Rian waved to grasp my attention. "Yes, Ri?"

"Seriously, Izzy, ever since he met you, he's seemed happier," he told me from his drum set. "Last night, he made us take an extra two hours to practice and he's never done that. I could only assume that he's hellbent on impressing you." Zack nodded in agreement.

"And he never wears those fucking shorts to practice or anywhere unless he wants recognition," he said. I could feel my cheeks warm after Zack said this as Jack entered the room.

"Pants!" he exclaimed flamboyantly, striking a pose. I giggled, tucking pink hair back into my hoodie hood. I passed him his guitar as our eyes met for the thousandth time.

"Aw, what a shame; your ass did look nice and perky in those shorts," I teased. He smirked as he strapped his guitar on.

"Who knows; maybe you'll get to see them again sometime," he teased back. He began to walk back to the am and I playfully swatted his ass like I had the night we met.

"Good luck, sexy beast," I said with a smirk. He tossed me the most flirtatious glance, making me tingle. There was definitely something about Jack that I was falling for.

--

After practice (which was incredible to see their pure energy), the boys began to pack up and once they finished, Anabelle and I fixed to leave. We bid adieu to the boys and walked out of the garage; as we walked down the driveway, someone pulled on my hand and I turned to see Jack.

"Um... hey, Izzy..." he said shyly. I giggled at his sudden shyness. Anabelle smiled.

"I'm going to keep going; you catch up or something," she said and continued to walk.

"Hey, Jack; everything alright?" I asked.

"Y-yeah, I just wanted to tell you-- um, I mean, ask you something..." he muttered. He began to babble and stutter aimlessly until I interrupted him.

"Jack, are you trying to ask me out?" I asked. He blushed, nodding fervently.

"Yeah... so, um... what do you say?" he asked, a small hint of hope in his voice. I smiled, feeling a rush of confidence flow over me, then I stood on tiptoe and kissed his cheek softly. I saw the sweetest grin spread over his face.

"Pick me up at seven?"

He seemed as though he desperately searched for words. "When? W-what day?"

"Tomorrow," I told him with a smile. "No school on Monday; we're going out."

"Awesome." he chuckled nervously yet happily. I smiled.

"See you then," I said. I tapped the tip of his nose with my finger and caught up with Anabelle.

"What was that about?" she asked.

I sighed somewhat dreamily. "Something amazing."
♠ ♠ ♠
an update! finally, I know.
more soon, I'm hoping.
right, Anabelle?
--Izzy