A Curious Twist of Fate

Discovery

My ghost spoke to me before I even had chance to open my mouth,
“Why are you following me? I can’t see you, but I know that you’re there! Tell me why!”
I laughed at her curiosity and fear. If I was her, I would probably be asking how I could see her first. But I was her, so I wondered why she didn’t.

She seemed to change her mind about what she had asked earlier and fired another question at me,
“No! Wait, can you see me!? How can you see me? I’m a ghost! It shouldn’t be happening!”
I laughed again. So this was what I looked like when I was angry and confused.
“Yes, I can see you. I’m sorry but this is so funny! But how did you come to terms with becoming…like…like this so quickly?”
She frowned. This made me laugh even harder

It was one thing seeing your face like this in a mirror, but it was a whole other story seeing it right in front of you in the middle of the street.

“Well, it’s hard to deny it when you look like this. But, if you can see me, can’t everyone else too?”
I laughed once more. I couldn’t help it. I was in some sort of shock, knowing that part of me was floating around, separate from my body.
“No. I think that I’m the only one. If I was you, I would probably be asking how I could see you.”
She glowered at me,
“That was my next question! How can you see me!?”

I smiled and calmed down my laughing slightly, because I knew that this would be hard for her to take in. If I couldn’t see her then I would have problems believing it too,
“I can see you because you are me. I am you. We are one. Strange, isn’t it?"

Her mouth dropped open in shock and she shook her head for well over a minute before she could finally let the words out of her mouth.
“No. No. That can’t be right. How can it be?”

I put my hand out towards her in a comforting manner. As I reached her, I felt the coldness of her transparent form. It scared me slightly, but her eyes changed as I did so.
“I can see you! Oh, it’s true. Oh no! What does that mean!?”

I drew my hand away to scratch my head in thought. I didn’t know what it meant at all. She screamed,
“AHH! Where have you gone!?! COME BACK!”

I hurriedly touched her cold face again. She sighed in relief then smiled at me,
“Oh good, you’re back. Thank goodness. I really didn’t want to be alone here. It’s quite scary. Especially after everything that has happened tonight.”

I thought about her fear for a second. It was exactly the same as mine. To be alone. How could she have possibly thought I would leave her? Then I realised what had happened.
“Okay, I am going to take my hand away from you in a second, because my feet hurt and I need to sit down. When I do, you won’t be able to see me, but don’t worry, I will still be here, just on the floor.”

She nodded like a small child. I smiled and drew my hand backwards, then I lowered myself onto the ground, where I was finally steady. She seemed to panic slightly as I disappeared from her view.

“Lisa, it’s okay, I’m still here. Just follow my voice and I’ll touch you when I can.”
She floated gracefully towards me. I felt calm knowing that her name was still the same as mine. It made me felt even more of a connection with her.

As she got closer, I clasped her hand tightly in mine and she gasped.
“There you are! But how can I see you now? You weren’t there earlier…Oh! So, if we’re touching then I can see you, but as soon as we lose contact, you disappear!”

I nodded at her. She had a very similar way of thinking to me, which was understandable, as we were in fact the same person. I heard a clock toll. It was too late to be sitting here, on my own according to everyone else who was watching, but with a friend to us.

I stood up, still holding onto her transparent silver hand which felt so cold and solid in mine, almost like a block of hand-shaped ice.
She looked at me, fairly confused at what I was doing. I led her down the road and around the corner, towards my house.
She smiled in recognition of where we were heading. I laughed and started to sprint, dragging her behind me.
“Come on, let’s go home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, no comments =[

But someone subscribed, so I've done this chapter.

I really want some comments!!

Please??

Otherwise I might not write any more [or if I do I won't put it up here!!]

So there =P Please comment!!