Help Me through this nightmare

Chapter 12- Perdita ran away!

Still Simon’s pov

When I opened the door, I only saw Sarah.
“Hi, what’s wrong?” she asked
Sarah is Perdita’s mother. We split up two and a half years ago. Since then we took it in turns to have the kids, I had the kids from Tuesday night to the next Tuesday night and then Sarah took them.
“Simon? What’s happened?” she started to sound scared.
“I… Per… Perdita ran away” I whispered and then burst into tears.
“When, just now? What about Sam?”
“Last night, Sam’s sleeping around a friend’s” I murmured in between sobs.
“I’ll check Bernard’s house, phone Sam and tell him to come straight home” she said and then ran down the front garden and got into her car. I watched her drive away and then phoned Sam.

“Sam?”
“What do you want?”
“Come home straight away… Perdita ran away”
“WHAT? What did you do to her?”
“I, JUST GET HOME NOW!”

I hung up the phone and sat on the sofa… then I stood up and went into the kitchen. There it was that brilliant butcher’s knife. It always came in handy. I grabbed it, took a deep breath and slid it across my wrist. The cut was deep but not deep enough to kill me. As blood poured out, something else came out too…. Guilt…. Stress… and fear.