Help Me through this nightmare

Chapter 13- Mum's home

Frank’s pov
I must have fallen asleep because the last thing I remember was Perdita falling asleep in my arms. I opened my eyes. Perdita was still fast asleep, her head was resting on my chest. I looked at my watch, 5:09, my mum should be home any minute.
I sat just watching Perdita sleep, she looked so adorable. Five minutes passed, I was still watching her, I couldn’t take my eyes of her. I had only met her yesterday and she was always on my mind. As she slept peacefully I heard a car pull up outside. My mum was home, I could ask her if Perdita could sleepover. I heard the car door slam and then the keys as she opened the front door. The front door slammed and she yelled.
“Frank, get down here now” she yelled. Perdita sat up and looked at me, she had a look of fear on her face.
“It’s alright she probably just found out I wasn’t in school” I said as Perdita got up and went to sit on the bed. I got up and walked to the door, I jumped back as I opened it, my mum was right in front of me.
“Why weren’t you at school today?” she asked
“I, er…. I” I stuttered
“It was my fault” Perdita said coming to stand next to me.
“So you took today off school to do what exactly? Mum asked looking from me to Perdita.
“It’s a long story mum” I murmured
“Well you better start talking, I had to say you were sick even though I didn’t have a clue where you were!”
“Come in and sit down and I’ll tell you” I said stepping back so she could get in. She walked in and sat down in the chair. I walked over to the bed to sit down and Perdita stood there. I started telling my mum what Perdita had told me about yesterday night and then about how I found her this morning.
After about 10 minutes I’d finished, I looked up. My mum looked calm, she turned to Perdita.
“I’m guessing you want to stay over tonight?”
“Only if it’s okay with you” Perdita replied in no more than a whisper.
“Okay, Frank sort out somewhere for Perdita to sleep, I’m going to cook dinner” she said as she walked out of the room. There was silence for a minute and then I got up.
“You can sleep in the bed” I said walking over to a cupboard and getting a blacket and some pillows out.
“Thanks” she whispered
She walked over to the bed and sat down as I set up a bed on the floor. I walked over and sat next to her.
“It’s ganna be alright” I said taking her hand. She smiled but didn’t say anything.
“Want to listen to some music while we’re waiting for dinner?” I asked
“Yeah okay”
I got up and walked over to my laptop. I turned it on and waited for it to load. Perdita came up behind me and put her arms around my waist.
“Thanks” she whispered in my ear
“What for?” I asked, the laptop finally loaded and I put some music on.
“Everything” she smiled and went to sit back down on the bed. I turned to the laptop and signed in on msn, Jason was on. He’s my best friend, I told him about Perdita yesterday morning and told him I was going to see her again.

JASON… The random says:
Soooooooooooooo…. Did you find that hot chick you were talking about?

FrAnK here loving every minute of it ruining this banquet for the mildly inspiring and…says:
Hell yeah… she’s sleeping round tonight…her dad chucked here out and well it’s a long story

JASON… The random says:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you’ve only met her 1 day and u’r already ganna get her in bed?!!!!!!!!

FrAnK here loving every minute of it ruining this banquet for the mildly inspiring and…says:
Jason!!!!!!!…. I’m not sleeping with her

JASON… The random says:
But u said she’s sleeping round and u no u like her!

FrAnK here loving every minute of it ruining this banquet for the mildly inspiring and…says:
That don’t mean I’m sleeping with her

JASON… The random says:
Ok w/e… so when do I get to meet this gorgeous girl my best m8 has a huge crush on?

FrAnK here loving every minute of it ruining this banquet for the mildly inspiring and…says:
I don’t have a huge crush on her and I dunno

JASON… The random says:
U so have a huge crush on her… yesterday all you would talk about was how gorgeous she is

FrAnK here loving every minute of it ruining this banquet for the mildly inspiring and…says:
Ok so maybe I like her a bit

JASON… The random says:
LMFAO…. A bit more than “a bit”… anyways I gtg… I cya 2moro

FrAnK here loving every minute of it ruining this banquet for the mildly inspiring and…says:
K… bubi

JASON… The random has logged off.

I didn’t realise Perdita was behind me reading the conversation. She put her hands over my eyes and kissed my cheek. After a while of talking and listening to music my mum shouted dinner was ready. We walked down the stairs and sat down at the kitchen table.
“Thanks mum” I said as she placed a bowl of spaghetti bolognaise in front of me.
“Thanks” Perdita whispered as she was given her bowl of spaghetti bolognaise.