Help Me through this nightmare

Chapter 4- The note

We slowly walked on. Their laughing and giggling was starting to annoy me. I looked up as we were passing a bus stop.

Was it just my eyes? Was I seeing right? No, I’m sad I must be imagining things. But he was staring straight at me. There was a cute guy staring at me!
I looked at the floor and then back at him, he was still staring at me, only this time he was smiling, I smiled back shyly. He was holding a skateboard and he had a black top, jeans and converse on. He looked so cool. As I walked past I looked at him and smiled, he was still staring at me with a smile on his face. I turned back and started staring at the floor.

‘I wonder what his name is. He is so cute. I wonder if he gets the bus every day….’ I thought
“Per, Per are you listening to me?”
I looked up, “what were you saying?”
“No I didn’t think so” Bernard sighed and went back to talking to Ashley.

We got to school just as the bell went. I waited staring into space as Bernard was saying goodbye to Ashley. She was a year below us and like all year eight girls, I found her extremely annoying.

“See you later Per” she said, I hated her annoying voice.
“I hope not” I muttered, “yeah see you”

All through first and second lesson I thought about the guy at the bus stop. My teachers must have got so annoyed at me because I wasn’t listening. I got sent out twice in one lesson! Miss Carter was always unfair to me, I mean smelly Kelly always stared out of the window and she never got sent outside. Oh well it doesn’t matter, I’d rather be outside than in there.

The bell went for break “oh finally” I shouted.
Bernard was sitting on the table we always sat at. I started walking over, a huge group of girls suddenly came out of nowhere and crowded around him. I could just about see Ashley sitting next to him, I should have known, her and her tarty friends would be hanging around him. I sat on the edge of the bench. I listened to the group of tarts laughing and joking, I didn’t find anything that they said funny, so I sat there bored.
Before I knew it, it was lunch. Just the same as before, tarts crowding around Bernard. I sat at the edge of the bench again, and began to eat my lunch. I was half way through my lunch when one of the tarts pushed me of the bench.

“Oh sorry… oh it’s just the freak!” Everyone burst out laughing
I got up and looked at Bernard, he had his worried look on but he didn’t do anything. I walked off and went to my secret little hiding place, I went there when I felt alone or upset. I hadn’t been there since I met Bernard so he wouldn’t find me, even if he could be bothered to come and look for me.
I spent the rest of lunch planning to kill myself, this time I was sure I was going to, I just couldn’t handle this anymore.

Last lesson, I just wanted to go home and end my miserable life. I hate geography it’s so boring. I started staring out of the window, I could see random people who probably couldn’t be bothered to go to class. They had the right idea. I’d give anything to get out of this boring class.
“Perdita, are you listening?”

I looked back to the board without answering. Miss Turner had written two new things on the board. I wrote them down and she began to talk again. I hate her voice, it’s kind of like Ashley’s. It makes you want to fall asleep. There was a knock on the door. It was just the teacher that went around with notes. I never get any notes so I started to stare out of the window again.

“Jessica, there’s a note for you, James, you too and Perdita”
I turned around. Miss Turner was holding a note out to me.
“You’ve got to go straight to reception, so take your bags and go, quick” she said to me
I stood up, took my bags, collected the note and slowly walked to reception. I never get sent to reception. I never get a note. I wonder what this is all about.