Radiant Eclipse

Chapter Five: Goodies

Saturday morning arrived earlier than normal, as I had to arise out of slumber at three in the morning so the tour could hit it off and start it's cross country tour to Maine, where we would play one small show and make a cruved route throughout New England. It was one of thos elazy days, the ones where you just saw no point in making yourself all suitable looking. Dressed in blue fitted jeans and a Chicago Univeristy sweatshirt, I dragged two large suitcases full of clothes and other neccessities plus a carry-on bag with a lap top and I-Pod within it.

The guys were already loading the buses when I arrived, the sun just barely up in the dark blue sky, a thin orange line starting across the horizon. Brad was tossing and arranging suit cases as best he could without getting pissed off, and I probably made it worse when I dropped my bags off with him. "Thanks, Vickie," he snapped, as I sighed and walked away, making my way onto the large bus as James and Derek smiled smugly.

"I'm going to sleep," I said flatly, rolling onto one of the bunks that I was oh-so familiar with.

When I felt I was hoenstly going to drift off into sleep, Brad's loud voice erupted as the rest of the band sat around the breakfast table, laughing obnoxiously as if I wasn't even there at all. I rolled over, pillow pressed to my right ear as the other was snuggled against the second pillow beneath me. "Why don't you join the party, Vick," James called out. "It's a new tour. We should be plotting and celebrating."

"You should still be sleeping!" I yelled back, my words muffled by the feathery pillow as they laughed. "That wasn't supposed to be funny. Nothing I say is a joke."

"Stop being so sour, lemon drop," Marcus called out, as someone in the group fumbled around the kitchenette for something from the fridge.

"Wake up, crab apple," sand Brad, as I felt hands nudging my back.

I rolled over as Brad, Marcus, and James all wore the same evil smirk, laughs escaping their lips as I tossed a fist at them, turning completely on to my back to see them more clearly. "Where is our first stop at?" I wondered, sliding out of the bunk as the driver, a tall Native American man whom we hired - his name was Frederick - took his place at the driver's seat and started the engine. He looked back at me and grinned warmly.

"Good morning, Miss Nielson," he politely said, his accent much like in the movies. "The first place we will stop will be Las Vegas. The others decided to treat themselves with a night at the city of lights."

"Great," I said unenthusiastically. "Isn't that the city that never sleeps?"

He nodded with a chuckle as I added, "Now I will never sleep. Just give me some strong drugs, Frederick. I need to be knocke dout cold, right now."

"You're much too nice of a lady for me to want to do that to," he argued sweetly. "Especially considering the fact that you're way too young to sleep forever."

"I'm not as young as I seem, buddy," I commented, heading towards the front of the bus where I took a seat on the steps leading down towards the doors, the bus speeding off after Avenegd Sevenfold's as well as Slipknot. I believe Lmab of God was going to join in later, and at one point I heard Marilyn Manson RSVP'd that he wanted to join me for at least two dates out of the billion. I was flattered.

"You're still younger than me," he informed me. "So that means you're too young."

"I'm almost Thirty years old," I laughed.

"And I'm almost Sixty," he replied. "I think I win this battle of the ages."

I smiled. "Tousche."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once in Vegas, theguys all separated for the gambling and strip clubs and whatever else they truly desired to do for amatuer fun. I, however, took a few hundred dollar bills with me and decided to get myself a manicure and massage, later meeting up with the guys for a Criss Angel show that bored the hell out of me. I get it, he's a cool dude when it comes to magic, but all i honestly cared about was that he was incredibly good looking. Which doesn't go far when you are sitting in the back and can barely see him.

"We're going to a cosmic boweling alley if you'd like to go with our band," Matt from Sevenfold wondered. "It'll be nice and ark and won't burn your eyes quite as much as the rest of the world seems to be doing."

I shrugged. "Not like I have a life to live."

We walked the five or so blocks to a rich, uptown alley that featured a neon bar and blacklights every few steps. My hoddie glowed a bright shade of green and I said, "I told you this life is making me sick. I'm turning green, now."

We paired up into teams; Johnny called me.

"I suck at this," I told him. "I hope you know that, right about now."

"Taht's okay," he laughed. "I'm good at it, so we'll average out to a normal player like the rest of the guys. You want first roll? Or should I show you my skills first?"

"Go right ahead," I said with a roll of th eeyes. I gulped down a portion of my Corona before adding, "Just because you get a high score here doesn't mean you score points with me. Get that through your head before your ego take sover and then I have no option left but to kill you."

Before we started, he just sid, "My ego isn't the one we have to worry about."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?