Desperate Endeavor.

Chapter One.

Here goes....well, everything, Juliet thought, sighing, as she closed the car door. She turned back to her mother and put on her best fake smile and waved goodbye.She pulled over her black "LOVE" hoodie, over her head, sliding the sleeves down as far as they possibly can, attempting to hide the scars that would never would allow her to forget the past. A past anyone would want to forget. Her mother thought moving away would help, but nothing would ever be normal again.

Juliet walked with her head down, looking at her black Chucks, trying to make her way through a crowd of students. She already started to feel the dirty gazes that were cast upon her. But she already had expected this, since she wore a black, pleated skirt with
safety pins attached at the sides, a white tank top and her hoodie, and her Chucks. She knew automatically she'd be an outcast, but that didn't bother her. She didn't want any attention. Attention is what caused her problems.

The hall traffic was pure insanity, so she waited by the office until the halls cleared. Eventually they did, but her nervousness took over as she walked as slowly as possible. She didn't care if she was late. It's not like any school is different.

She hesitantly opened the door to her first period class. Everyone was in their own assigned seats when they turned to look at her.

Damn it! She thought.

"Oh class!" The teacher, Mrs. Callahan said, "We have a new student in our class. This is Juliet Cordova. Juliet, please sit next to Alex in the back of the room."

Juliet nervously approached the empty desk, which was next to some kid who's name was supposedly Alex. He had brown hair with blonde highlights in it, and some pretty amazing brown eyes. Juliet couldn't help but admit it to herself, he was actually pretty cute. But remember, she didn't want to draw attention to herself.. He was also sitting in the middle of a large group of, well, jocks, for the most part. She felt the same dirty stares she felt as she entered the building. A boy with black hair leaned over and whispered in another boy's ear, "E-mo!"

Juliet rolled her eyes a pushed a lock of blonde hair behind her ear. She knew this would happen.

Class came and went as she tried following along. The bell soon rang and she went to her locker.

Down the hall, the same group of jocks were holding a discussion.

"Another year, another emo to torture." Andrew said.

"Hell fucking yeah!" Matt exclaimed.

"So how are we torturing this one?" Mike asked

"Seriously guys, can't we back off of this one. She's new, for Christ's sakes!" Alex argued.

"Alex has a cr-uh-sh!" Tom teased

"Fuck you," Alex snapped, shooting Tom a glare.

"How 'bout this. Alex, you're gonna get with her at one of Bryce's parties." Andrew plotted.

"What?" Alex asked, not exactly following the plan

"Talk to her a bit, gain her trust. Then get with her." Andrew explained

"Dude, that's not right." Alex argued

"Look, you don't do it. I'll have coach kick you off the team."

"You wouldn't"

"I so would."

"Fine then," Alex rolled his eyes, reluctantly agreeing. For some reason, this didn't feel right to him. He had no problem torturing the other emo kids before, why is this one any different?

The late bell rang, and Juliet just happened to be walking down the hallway to her next class.

"Here's your chance to get a head start." Tom whispered.

Alex took a deep breath and rolled his eyes, "Hey Juliet!" He called after her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright. This is a story I have had in mind for a while now.
Let me know what you think.

Shamelessly,
Kari.