Desperate Endeavor.

Chapter Two.

Juliet walked down the hallways as slowly as she could. She didn't want all the attention. She just wanted to be in the shadows. No attention, no friends, no boys. She didn't want history to repeat itself. Little did she know, it always does.

Her thoughts raced in confusion. Why did people draw attention to her? Was it because how she dressed? Because she was new? None of these seemed like good reasons to her. She was almost to her math class when she heard someone call behind her.

"Hey Juliet! Wait up!"

Can anyone just leave me alone? She thought bitterly.

She sighed, "What do you want?"

"Is there something wrong?" He asked, flipping a stray lock of brown hair.

"No."

"Well good. Well, since you're new and all, I was wondering. Would you want to hang out sometime?" He asked, begging with hope in his eyes.

She couldn't resist that look in his eyes. No Juliet, don't do it. You know what happens.

"Sure," she replied. Why'd I say that?!

"Great!" He smiled, "Need help getting to your next class?"

"I just need to know where room twenty-four is, just point me in the right direction, I guess, " She mumbled.

"Take that hallway, and make a left. It's the third door on your right,"

"Thanks,"

"Oh by the way, here's my number, call me if you need anything." He said, handing her a post-it.

Oh, I am so not dealing with this.

"Look, I gotta get to class." She snapped, turning to walk down the hallway.

-----

"Yo, bro!" Matt said from behind Alex

"You get her yet?" Andrew asked

These guys are sick. Alex thought. "Not yet."

"It's going down at Bryce's , bitch!" Tom exclaimed, high-fiving Evan.

"Whatever," Alex grumbled, rolling his eyes as he walked to his next class.

"What's his deal?" Evan asked

"Like I said, crush," Matt scoffed,

"Yo dudes! Coach excused us from class for practice! Let's go!" Billy called from the gymnasium doors.

The rest of the team rushed to the locker rooms, almost forgetting about Alex.

----

The late bell rang the second Juliet walked into class. Shit. The class turned to look at her again. Only this time, they didn't seem to have as much interest.

"Juliet Cordova, I presume?" a slender, pale woman with short black hair asked. She was wearing calve-high, black buckle-up boots and a black dress.

Pretty gothic teacher. Juliet thought, nodding her head.

"Hello, I'm Miss Phoniex. Pleasure to meet you."

"You as well."

"Take your seat right in the back, next to Mariella. Then we can get class started."

Juliet walked towards the back, taking her seat. As Mrs. Phoniex started class, she looked down, pulling her jacket sleeves over her hands. No one must know.. Not focusing on class at all, she held the small post-it, still in her hand, folding it into smaller bits, and unfolding it, so on and so forth.

Miss Phoniex spoke, breaking Juliet's concentration, "Oh Juliet, I forgot to mention. I know you are new to school, but please try getting to class on time." Juliet nodded in response.

She looked back down at the small piece of paper. God, what did I do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh. don't really like this one.

I just needed something to do.

I just hope the story gets a bit better as it goes on.