Secret Valentine

Soft Kiss & Wine What A Pretty Friend Of Mine

Eventually we caught up to Maggie and the boys, when Danny had joined the group.

We almost got to school late, due to our stalling. Travis and I held hands all the way to and through the school. I only had my homeroom with him.

“See you later Jess,” Travis waved as he left my homeroom class.

“Bye,” I mouthed. Drew came in and took his usual spot beside me for our Consumer math class. Maggie also was in Consumer with us, she took her seat five rows a head of Drew and me.

“So what was with that this morning?” He asked after the first bell rang.

“Hmm?” I wasn’t paying much attention for that there were notes on the board that we needed to take down.

“You and Travis,”

“Oh!” I said a little too loud. I started to whisper when our teacher death glared me. “Umm well yesterday, we started holding hands, and we cuddled. But you know I cuddle when I watch a movie.”

“So what movie did you two watch then?”

Somewhere in Time,” I sighed.

“A chick flic?”

I nodded and started writing some more notes. Drew kept his mouth shut for the rest of the class.

My next class I had with Danny.

“So what happened this morning? I’m getting mixed stories from every one.” Danny said we jogged together in gym.

“What did Travis say?” I looked at him. Danny had his first class with Travis.

“You can take that up with him Juliet.”

I rolled my eyes. “Okay then, what stories would you happen to be getting then?”

“Umm, that you and Travis had sex yesterday; umm that you two kissed, and uh… That you two are going out.” He looked up as he ran over his list.

“Who gave you―,”

“Oh, and that Travis really, really likes you,” He smiled.

“Awh no way,”

He looked at me oddly. “Is that a bad thing?”

I stopped running. “No, that’s just uh…”

“It’s what Jess?”

“I don’t know,”

“Bad or good?”

“Awesome!”

He rolled his eyes, and then avoided me for the rest of class.

Everyone had a spare, so the boys got together and went to Danny’s garage, which was not even five minutes away from school.

We walked in silence to Danny’s house.

“Hi mom,” Danny greeted his mom, who rounded the corner. “I brought home a few friends.”

“Hi honey bear.” She smiled as she kissed his head.

“Uh, thanks mom….” Danny blushed.

“Well then,” she turned to the rest of us. “Hello, Travis, Drew, Hunter, ― and who are these fine young ladies?”

That was my cue. “Hi,” I held out my hand. “I’m Jessica.” She took my hand with a warm smile on her face.

“Hello there Jessica, I’m Nora.”

Maggie stepped up to Mrs. Duncan. “How do you do Nora? I’m Maggie.” She also held out her hand.

“I’m fine thanks Maggie, pleasure to meet you.” She then turned to Danny. “Are you eating lunch here?”

“Can they too?” He pointed at the five of us.

She nodded, and left.

“Band first,” Travis ordered.

The boys nodded and we all set off to the garage.