Secret Valentine

We'll Write A Song That Will Turn Out The Lights

Travis threw his shirt onto the floor. I ran my fingers over his torso, I had seen him topless before, but that was different, so much more different than now.

My lips found their way back to his. He picked me up, and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He walked over to stairs, and set me down. I wasn’t 100% that I wanted to be doing this, especially since we had to be back to school in an hour and a half.

I towed Travis up the stairs. I received a text as I reached the door to my room. It was Maggie. She wanted to know what was taking us so long to get back. I told her that we probably would be late for school.

Travis’s lips became attached to my neck. I pulled my own shirt off, and threw it on the floor. I pushed Travis onto my bed, and we continued to progress from there; and I was glad that my mom had condoms in her nightstand, and had decided to but me on birth control.

***

I looked at Travis he was looking at the ceiling with a huge dorky smile on his face. “I cannot believe we just did that.” Travis said for the fifth time.

I felt slightly exposed, but I too was shocked at what we had just done. “Me either,” I said for the fifth time.

“What time is it?” He asked as he rolled over to face me.

“I do not know,” I got out of my bed, and searched around for some clean under wear, and my jeans. I found both, easily. “Do you want to have a shower?” I asked Travis as I checked the time on my phone.

“Nah, people will notice.”

“Good point, ― we have twenty minutes to get to school.”

“Oh, okay,” he got up and relocated his clothes. A few minutes passed. “Juliet,” Travis shouted from the hall way.

“What?” I asked as I re-did my hair, and makeup.

“Did you see where my shirt went?” He appeared at my door.

“It’s on the kitchen floor.” I said as I got up from my little armoire.

“Thanks,” he started for the stairs.

“Wait Travis,”

“What?” He reappeared in my door frame.

“What does this mean now? ― Are we together now, or still just friends?”

“Umm, well I guess we better just stick out as friends, see how people will react to it.”

I nodded. “Okay,” For some odd reason my voice hitched.

“Is there something wrong with that?” He asked concern coloured his face, and tone.

“No,” my voice hitched again.

“Don’t cry Juliet,” Travis came over and wiped what I guessed was tears from my face.

“I’m not crying am I?” My voice hitched twice. If I was crying it would be a good explanation for my voice.

He smiled and nodded. “Don’t worry, I didn’t do it just ‘cause Ima boy. ―You know that right?”

“Yeah totally I know. ―I just don’t know where the emotion came from…” He laughed and then headed down stairs.

Hunter texted me as I followed Travis down the stairs into the kitchen. He wanted to know if we were coming back at all. “You know Hunter is a smart ass.”

Travis laughed as he shrugged on his shirt. “I think he likes you, I’m not sure.”

“That would explain soo much if he did, you know.”

“I guess it would. ― Have you seen my scarf?”

“It’s on the banister.”

“Thanks again,” he went off to the banister.

I slipped on my shoes. “Trav?”

“Right here,”

“’Kay,” I turned around to catch his eyes staring at my ass. “Nice Travis,”

“Hmm?”

“Come here,” I said in a teasing tone. I grabbed his hand and pulled him to me, and pressed my lips to his. Travis’s lips were aggressive against mine. “School,” I mumbled.

Our lips separated. “Right,” he said as he straightened up.

I opened the door and locked it behind us. When we reached the sidewalk Travis slinked his arm around my waist. I eyed at him. “So this doesn’t count?” I asked as I wrapped my arm around his waist.

He shook his head.

“’Kay,”

We arrived at Danny’s place a few minutes after. To my surprise Maggie was sitting on Drew’s lap. She saw how Travis and I were intertwined, and her eyes popped open. She whispered something to Drew as we approached.

“Hey guys,” Maggie giggled.

‘Hi,” I let my sudden confusion color my tone.

Maggie got up from Drew’s lap and walked over to me and Travis. Travis went to talk to the guys after she had death glared him.

“Come for a walk with me Jess,”

“Oh, okay…” We took a few steps away from the garage. “So what’s up lover buddie?”

“Uh, you look different.”

“Jeez is it that noticeable?”

She nodded. “So did you two actually ya know have… 438??”

“Yes we had… sex.” I rolled my eyes. “What did you and Drew do?”

She wiped her hair back from her eyes. “Uh… well…. I.. umm… don’t… know… if I can uh… tell… you…”

“Oh, remaining conspicuous are we?”

“Hey so are you!” She shouted.

“Am not,” I stopped walking. “So did you two kiss or something?”

She blushed. “Yeah, we kissed.”

“Awh, that’s soo cute!” I clapped my hands together.

“Shut up,”

“Haha, well at least I’m not with Virgin Mobile!”

“What I’m not on― oh, I get ch’ya” She stuck out her tongue.

“You guys we have to get back to school!” Hunter shouted from the garage.

“Did you know he likes you?” Maggie pointed out as we both turned around.

“Thought so,” I looked up towards the sky.

“Hey hey!” Travis exclaimed as he ran up to me.

“Umm hi,”

He made shackles around my wrists. “Do you want to tell them?”

“Yes,” I said as I went to peck his lips.

His lips made contact with mine. And once again he became aggressive.

Someone cleared their throat, and our lips separated. “Does that answer your question DanDan?”

“Okay okay shut up their Fire Head.”

Travis smiled as he took my hand. I couldn’t help but smile back at him. We all started to progress forward.

“Wait!” Drew and Maggie both shouted.

Travis turned around instantly, but I rolled my eyes then turned around.

“Well just to let the two of you know, we kissed and now are official.”

Travis let go of my hand and smacked Drew on the back, and ruffled Maggie’s hair.

“They had sex!” Maggie pointed at Travis while she screamed the words.

I cupped my face in my hands to hide blush. “Yeah, so?” Travis asked. The guys burst out laughing. “Seriously Jessica, there’s no reason to be blushing right now.” He pulled my hands back from my face.

“For real Travis?” I looked over at Hunter. He was awkwardly looking away from me. “There is still a reason to be ashamed.” Hunter made eye contact with me.

“No it’s okay,” he smiled at me.

I nodded. “Now we’re going to be late for school.”

Then we all set off for school.