Secret Valentine

Brace Yourself For Love

Danny and Hunter were throwing pieces of clay at each other.

“I’m going to get all clay-ie” Tanya whined, as I took my usual seat beside her.

“Haha me too Tanya,” I giggled. I looked over at Hunter and Danny. Danny lobbed a piece at Hunter, he fell off of his chair as dodged it. “But, look---” I pointed as Hunter fell. “It’s going to be funny!” I laughed when Hunter hit the ground. I didn’t notice that Hunter still had a chunk of clay in his hands; he threw that at me. “What the hell Hunter!” I shouted as I threw a piece back at him.

“You’re face!” Danny shouted.

“You’re face is going to be…” I looked down at the clay that was on my potter’s wheel. “The color of this gunk!” I threw a piece at him. It got him square in the forehead.

“Nice!” Drew and Maggie shouted.

“Why I oughta!” Danny started to pick another piece of clay but his hand was caught by Mr. Clementine.

“What is going on here?”

“Nothing,” the six of us replied.

“Good, or else I’ll just send you to the principles office!” He walked away to the front of the class.

Hunter threw a piece of clay at Drew which got suck in his hair. “I’m telling mom.” Drew leaned over and whispered.

“Go ahead,” Hunter smiled. “I’ll just tell mom your sleeping with an Emo…”

Both Maggie and I gasped at the same time. “I’m sorry what did you just call her?” Danny, Drew, Maggie, Tanya and I all asked at the same time.

“An emo you heard me.”

I started to stand up. “No Jess cool your jets.” Tanya grabbed my arm and pulled me back down to my stool.

“Grr, he’s going to get it later.” I huffed.

“He sure is,” Maggie agreed.

“So what’s up with you and Travis?” Tanya asked with wide eyes.

“Umm, nothing really,” I shrugged.

“Yeah, right, he is a total god! How could NOTHING REALLY be your answer!!!!?” She squealed in a whisper.

“Haha, I don’t know.” I shrugged, with a smile on my face.

Her eyes became wider. “How---” Then there was a knock on the class room door.

Mr. Clementine huffed and left the chalk board that was now covered with directions for what we were going to make today. He opened the door after he passed Hunter and Danny with suspicious eyes. “Mr. Clark what are you doing here at this time of day?”

“Umm, you wanted me to sit in on this class did you not?” Travis’s voice was muffled through the wall.

“No, I wanted you to sit in on the last class, but what ever. Come in and take a seat.” Clementine opened the door wider.

Tanya got up and sat in front of me. “Travis you can take my seat.”

“Thanks Tanya?” Travis’s voice cracked. I giggled, as he sat down half a meter away from me.

She smiled and then winked at me. I rolled my eyes, and then winked back at her.

“What is that about?” Travis whispered as he leaned over in my direction.

“To be honest I don’t know.” I turned to look at him. I didn’t know how close his face was to mine, till our noses brushed against each others. He quickly pecked my lips as Mr. Clementine continued to walk to the front of the class room.

“MR. CLEMENTINE!!!!” Danny shouted.

“What is it now Mr. Duncan?” He sighed.

“Travis is disrupting the class!” Danny shouted again.

I lobbed two pieces of clay together, and chucked it at Danny. “Miss Sykes!”

I looked at Mr. Clementine. “Yes Sir?”

“Out side, — right now,”

I sighed and got up. “Thanks Danny,” I glared at the little immature kid.

“No prob.” Hunter saluted me.

I gritted my teeth to prevent myself from screaming.

“Jess?” Travis’s voice caught my attention.

“Yes,” I curtly responded through my teeth.

“Don’t worry.”

I sighed and continued for the door. I shut the door quietly in respect to the other classes that were running. I leant up against the wall to wait for Mr. Clementine. I shut my eyes and looked over the day., which couldn’t get any better, but a whole lot worse.