Hey, Darling.

Chapter Fifteen.

Kennedy pushed a few stray strains of hair away from my face, and placed a soft kiss on the side of my forehead. His arms were wrapped around my waist tightly, and I snuggled against his chest. His back was against his headboard, and mine against his chest. Our legs were sprawled out on his bed, feet tangled together. There was a daytime movie playing in front of us, but we weren’t paying attention.

The volume was turned down low enough that you had to strain to hear it, so I gave up on the movie within five minutes of karate chopping and badly choreographed fight scenes.

I sighed happily, my eyelids fluttered closed for a few seconds. Kennedy’s thumb was rubbing soft circles on mine, and it felt really nice.

Being close felt really nice. Being close meant that this was real.

“You’re so pretty,” Kennedy whispered in my ear, and I had to try really hard to repress the smile that wanted to pop up on my face.

Instead, I stage-whispered back. “You’re really pretty too.”

I pictured Kenny rolling his eyes in my head. “Why thank you,” he accepted. “It’s an off day when I don’t get someone telling me how pretty I’m looking today.”

I laughed. “It is, indeed.”

Kenny pulled me even tighter to him, if that was possible, and buried his face into my hair. “How did I get so lucky…” he wondered aloud.

I chose not to answer, knowing that if I said something negative he would get really mad at me and that would ruin the moment. Instead, I pressed back against him and released some of the tension in my shoulders.

“To get a girl so beautiful…” he continued to muse, with each sentence he squeezed harder onto my hand, which was twined in his, which were wrapped around my waist. It was not a very difficult position; just a bit hard to explain.

“And so smart…”

Now I was blushing, the heat rushing up to my cheeks. I tucked my face down, trying to hide my blazing cheeks, but I heard him chuckle and knew that my attempts were fruitless.

“And basically just the very definition of perfection…”

At this, I scoffed. I was far from perfection, Kennedy was just trying to butter me up, I presumed. For what, I didn’t know. I hated being so cynical, but I had never felt like this before. I wasted half of our time together freaking out, when I should just be enjoying this, rather than creating complex math equations in my head of how much time we had left.

There was always a variable in that equation that I hated, because my mother was a very unpredictable person.

“Oh you shush,” Kennedy murmured as he heard my scoff of disapproval. “I don’t give a flying fuck if you don’t think you’re perfect; I do, and that’s all that matters.”

I chose not to argue with him, instead, I wiggled in my arms. He just tightened his grip.

I sighed. “Lemme go for a second,” I said.

He shook his head. “Nope.”

“Please, Kenny?” I asked him. “Just for a second? I just want to get comfortable.”

He continued to shake his head. “You look pretty comfortable to me.”

I pouted at him. “Please? If you do, you’ll get something in return?” I compromised.

He raised his eyebrows at this. “Something like what? A ‘thank you’ or a hug?”

I shook my head. “Neither,” I responded. “A kiss.”

Instantly, arms were loosened around me and I could shift around to get comfortable. I heard this nearly inaudible groan that Kenny let out as I shifted, but just giggled than rather voice anything. I turned around on his lap, so I was up on my knees in between his legs.

He looked at me skeptically for a moment, and then opened his mouth like he was going to say anything. It was my turn to cut him off as I crashed my lips roughly to his. I had intended it to be short, passionate, and teasing. Just as I was about to pull away, Kenny’s hand reached up to cup the back of my head, not letting me go anywhere.

Maybe I should have pulled away. Maybe I should have resisted. Maybe if I should have been a proper young lady and not make out with boys in such an inappropriate fashion.

But goddamn did I love the way his lips felt, and goddamn did I love the feelings in my stomach as he looked at me with lust in his eyes.

Instead, I let go. I wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing my upper half closer to his upper half. Our lips moved together in sync, pulling and nibbling and sipping from each other’s mouths like there was some delicate wine and the only way we could taste it was to touch, touch, touch.

One of Kennedy’s hands dropped down from my head and rested on my lower back, his hands making the skin underneath the fabric tingle. I wondered for a second how it would feel if there was no fabric between the skin. I then thought about how I would probably like that very much, and how it would probably happen sometime soon. I did not think about how soon.

Kennedy’s tongue was tangling with mine, stroking and testing and tasting. I wanted to moan so badly, but instead I just let out this tiny little gasped as our lips parted for a short second, before colliding together again.

Kennedy’s tongue tangled in mine for one long moment, before he pulled away and instantly connected them to the skin directly underneath my jaw.

I took another tiny gasp, trying my best to repress the moan that was welling up in my lungs. Kennedy’s lips brushed against my skin delicately.

“I love that sound,” he said gruffly, before flicking his tongue out to lick a circle around the skin underneath his lips.

I was leaning my head to the left, giving him better access to my neck, when I gasped out a, “What sound?”

“The sound you make when you’re trying not to moan,” He clarified, before going back to sucking at my skin. He moved his lips up, and then it was like his found this little magic spot in my skin, because there was not enough time for my brain to function as this breathy moan escaped my lips.

Kennedy pressed more kisses to my neck. “I love that sound even more.”

I didn’t have enough brain power to comply an answer. Kennedy was assaulting my neck, and it had never felt so good. There was this tiny voice telling me that Kennedy’s mom could come in at any time, and if she saw us right now she would probably thing I was some type of slut, but I ignored that voice.

“You’re going to leave a mark,” I said as Kennedy sucked on my skin. I would say delicately, but it was no longer a delicate act.

Kennedy paused for a second, catching a breath and responding, “That’s the point.” before going to back to work.

My hand was gripping his comforter forcefully, and my eyes fluttered closed. Damn that boy could work some skin.

I pulled back from him, taking my neck away from the vicinity of his lips, before attaching ours together once again. Kennedy’s arms stayed right above my butt as he lowered me down on top of him, both of us now in the lying position. I lay atop his chest, my fingers tangling in his mess of hair as we kissed.

I freed one hand from his hair, and trailed it down his chest, before stopping it right below where the fabric of his shirt ended. My hand slipped underneath, brushing against his taut skin.

We spent a lot of time kissing. We spent too much time kissing.

By the time we pulled away, we were both gasping for air.

“Satisfied?” I asked as we lay apart, both breathing heavily.

Kennedy shook his head. “Not even close.” He said. “I’m pretty sure I could spend an entire lifetime kissing you.”

I giggled, but remained quiet.

I did not tell him that I was pretty sure I could do the same.

No need to fuel his ego further.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no, you say. Did she really give us nothing but kissing Kennedy fluff?
Why yes, I did.
Why, you ask?
Because I've gotten no slip in the last twenty-six hours and because I needed to advance this.
I hope you enjoy.