I'm Not Okay

Yeah, but I mean it.

"Erm...Zac this is Sam, Sam, this is-"
"Zac. I know."
"Uh, yeah, so, em...we-I'm trying to find my locker."
I shrug out from under Sam's arem-I might actually get directions if I'm not glued to his side.
I look at him hopefully. Please don't hold the fact that my mate's randomly moved to this school and is acting more like my boyfriend than my best friend against me...
"It's down the corridor and to the left." he says flatly, and skates back in the direction that he came from. Great, the one bloody friend I had now hates me.
I turn to face Sam. He's grinning.
"Nice eyeliner."
"Sam! You have just cost me the one friend I actually had, and you've only been here an hour!"
He smiles even wider.
"It's not funny!"
"No, it's not funny-it's hilarious."
"Sam! Uuurghh, you are fucking EVIL!"
"I know."
"GAH!"
I slam my locker shut and stalk off in the vague direction of my first class. I can hear him, calling me back, but he won't try to follow-he knows full well that I'll bite his head off if he does. Also, our classes are on opposite sides of the school, and I already showed him around, so if he gets lost, then tough shit.

***

Okay, now I have two new friends from my Buis. Org. class(which is taught by the most boring teacher ever) - Nadine and Colm. They're kinda...hippy, you know, all like 'Violence is not the answer' and all that crap. Also, they only live 20 minutes away from me, which is why I'm now walking home with them. Okay, now I have 3 friends, I suppose, if you count Sam, who I haven't seen all day, thankfully, because I would've ripped his head off.
"See ya Scarlett." they say, in perfect unsion. Geesus, that's fucking SCARY.
Okay, so now I'm alone with that annoying voice in my head which hasn't shut up all day.
Once, again, I'm your conscience.
And, once again, I'm resortiong to Desolation Row to drown you out. Also, didn't I tell you to go back to the corner of my head you came from?
You like Sam, and you're just denying it!
I turn up Desolation until it hurts my ears.

And the only sound that's left
After the ambulances go
Is Cinderella sweeping up
On Desolation Row

Now at midnight all the agents
And the superhuman crew
Go out and round up everyone
That knows more than they do
So come on bring them to the factory
Where the heart-attack machine
Is strapped across their shoulders
And then the kerosene
Is brought down from the castles
By insurance men who go
Check to see that nobody is escaping
To Desolation Row

Right now I can't read too good
Don't send me no letters no
Not unless you gotta mail them
From Desolation Row


Is there something wrong with the song? Maybe I shouldn't have downloaded it. I can hear another beat above the drums, out of time. Then someone grabs the back of my rucksack and yanks me back. WTF?
I spin around, see that it's Sam, and attempt to keep walking, which doesn't work, 'cos he's stronger than me. Instead, I just take my arms out of the straps, dropping the bag on his foot.
"OW! Holy shit, what have you got in here? A ton of bricks?"
I ignore him and keep walking.
"Aww, come on, don't be mad still!"
I can hear him running to catch up with me, dragging my bag behind him. He grabs my hand and pulls me around to face him.
"Look, I just thought it was....interesting how he immediately jumped to the conclusion that we were...together."
I glare at him. He takes my face between his hands.
"C'mon Scarlett, please forgive me. I didn't move 30 miles for nothing you know."
I sigh.
"Fine, consider yourself forgiven."
He smiles and pulls me into a hug.
"I love you Scarlett."
"I love you too."
He releases me and we keep walking. He's doing most of the talking. I have other things on my mind. Did he really say that? After I said 'I love you too?' Maybe he muttered something else, he can't have said that.
Yeah, but I mean it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woop! 17 readers. *Has a party*
Comments? Hehe, I have many ideas now...and you won't find out what they are unless you comment and make your friends read this, so I end up with at least 20 readers!