My Desperate Endeavor to Find My Whoever

Quinze

*3 minutes later*

(Alex's POV)

Janna and I had fallen into an easy conversation. It was just like the ones we had online.

"Psh...pirate would so totally win over a ninja," Janna said. Yes, we had been talking about pirates and ninjas. We were just so awesome.

I rolled my eyes. "But ninjas have totally cool....ninja stuff to do!"

"Pirates have a blunderbuss! Hey, that's a cool word."

"What word?"

"Blunderbuss. That would be an awesome name for a dog!" Janna exclaimed.

I laughed. She'd fit in perfectly with the guys. "Nawh...but ninjas have the ninjato!"

"Blunderbuss is better!" Janna exclaimed and stuck her tongue out. On an impulse, and without thinking, I stuck my tongue out and poked her tongue.

Janna's eyes widened and said "Er...let's go." I smirked at her and the blush creeping up her neck. Hm...that seemed pretty familiar. It seemed that I had seen Janna do this before, when she was younger. But that wasn't possible, since I never met her until today.

"Hey, I'ma sign us in, okay?" I asked and grabbed her hand. Janna nodded and she followed me to the table.

One of the former cheerleaders/my ex-girlfriends was sitting at the table, smiling at me.

"Hey, Alex!" she said in a loud, husky voice. I smiled and leaned to write in mine and Janna's names.

"Hey, Janna. How've you been?" she asked and gave her the evil eye. Janna squirmed.

"Wait, how do you know Janna? She never went here."

"Alex, she was your best friend back in high school. She told you she loved you on the last day of school, when you said you'd only be friends and she moved to Seattle."

I turned to look at Janna, to clarify everything. Crap, that's why she looked familiar. I glared at her and Janna shrunk in her dress.

"It's true," she whimpered and slunk back a bit more.

I shook my head. "Leave. Just...leave." I wasn't thinking, I was speaking impulsively.

"What?! Alex..." she said and reached for my arm.

"Janna. You should've told me this. I would've remembered and things would've been different. You lied to me. Leave me, please," I said and turned away.

I heard Janna sniffle and the click of her heels walk in the opposite direction from me. My heart started to go out to her, but my brain stopped it.

Fuck, I can't believe it. How could I have not remembered that?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late updates.

Comments/critiques = love <3