Status: Hiatus

Post-Apocalyptic War of Weakness and Betrayal

Chapter 2

Yawning, I stretched out – chasing the stiffness from my body. I sleepily opened my eyes, feeling un-refreshed from my slumber. Not again... I thought, as I saw what was left of my pillow – in tatters – scattered throughout the room. Another unpleasant experience – yet another nightmare..

Ironically, and – the funny thing is, I can never remember what I dream.. Never.. Yet, the others seem to be able to figure it out for me... Which is always quite amusing...

'Your tattered pillow indicates distress..' 'The scattering throughout your room indicate something to do with you and your lack of a partner and a love life...' 'The sky is green and the sea revolves around me..' Yadda yadda yadda...

I dont believe in any of that stuff..

What happens, happens – and if decides to hide from me then so be it.
Im not fussed.
At all..
..Not one bit..
..Nope.

..Although I suppose that really doesnt explain why I ask them in the first place..

One big myst-er-y...

..Joy..

Sighing, I rose from my bed, carefully avoiding a piles of feathers.. How many feathers did that pillow actually have anyway?

Scanning the room, it kind of looked like a winter wonderland.. Not that I was complaining..

Even though I loved things neat and tidy.. ..Although I also loved knowing where everyone was..

Which reminds me, why is the house so quiet?

Okay.. ..So I really kind-of cant call it a house.. ..Its more of the remains of something that may be described as possibly being a house.

...I liked just calling it a house better..

I mean, its not as if it has just a few walls, absolutely no ceiling and all there is, is burnt furniture..

The house is actually quite beautiful... and when we occupied it – there was still food on the table.

A brisk wave of sadness hit me. There was a family here once. Probably children as well.. A question arised soon after, wheres my children?

The sadness subsided as I quickly made my way over to the door. Placing my hand on the doorknob I turned it fluently – in a smooth, quick motion it was open. The corridor was dark, despite the fact that it was 5AM. ..Okay, maybe the sun isnt up at 5AM, I never really checked to be honest.. Light was lovely but darkness was your friend, thats the rule I stuck too.. ..For most of the time anyway..

Closing the door behind me, I made my way through the hall. Glancing in each open-doored room. Empty. Empty. Empty. Where was everyone? Its not like I slept in or anything..?

Laughter suddenly filled the hall. Sweet, innocent laughter. I stopped and braced myself, the light-thudding of footsteps an indication that someone was coming.

A figure came into my vision, a young girl – with beach-blonde hair and a pair of golden-brown coloured eyes.

She was smiling.

Instinctly, I smiled back.

Her eyes lit up as she seemed to put more force in her step.

“Mommy!”She shouted, as she flung her arms out – ready to tackle me in an embrace.

I welcomed it.

Holding her closed and breathing in the scent of her hair. I relaxed. They were safe. They were all safe and I was just being over-protective.

“Analiese ...” I murmured, in a smooth-comforting tone.
“Rae-rae..”She sung gently and quietly to herself..

More footsteps echoed. The others were coming.

I loosened my hold on Analiese. Regaining my composture and straigtening myself.

Two other figures entered my line of vision. A young boy and a slightly older one.

Aaren and Ray.

Aaren was about Analiese's age and height. He also had blonde hair – but he had lovely blue eyes and an adorably innocent expression whenever I saw him.. Even when he was in the midst of destroying my room..

Which sadly, I usually found very cute - and I usually let him continue doing it.. ...and it also gave me a very good excuse to sleep in the same room as Ray every so often.. Which I absolutely loved to do.

Speaking of Ray, his looks were the complete opposite to Aaren. He had cropped brown hair, his hair had a few natural streaks of darker brown and he also had a pair of dazzling gray eyes. Eyes to die for. He was slightly taller than me at 5”7. I was a mere 5”5, although I didnt mind at much. It was cute to just nuzzle up to him.. and look in his eyes.. While fantasizing he'd kiss me..

Snapping out of my daze, I smiled. Holding Analiese gently to my side as I waved over to them both. Ray waved back, taking in my welcome more calmly. Aaren on the other hand, slowed his pace considerably and seemed unsure whether to keep walking or not..

I looked down at Analiese as she looked up at me. We let go of each other as we made our way over to the others. I focused my attention on Ray as she focused her attention on Aaren.

I smiled at Ray as I embraced him in a hug, and as I felt him return the embrace – I smiled to myself.

Things werent so bad after all.

..At the moment anyway..
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2 <333

Im a bit tired and ive just wrote it so sorry if it doesnt make much sense...

Or if its a bit too repetitive at some points.. ^//~

Enjoooy. x

Comment = Guaranteed chapter that day.

=D