This time I mean it

You can't keep my brother

''I love you, Frank'' whispered Mikey. Frank was so far away to listen. Mikey sighed and slipped his arm around Alicia's shoulders who was talking to some one Mikey didn't know. Alicia laughed loudly at something the other person had said and turned to see Mikey. Mikey smiled and looked around. Gerard was as the opposite side of the room, talking to Ray and Brian. Apparently, Ray was telling a joke because Gerard and Brian were laughing hysterically. Mikey's face formed a smirk and he looked back at Alicia. She had no clue. She had not ever noticed that her skinny quiet husband had developed strange lovey feelings towards his band mate. Mikey sighed, excused himself and walked to the restrooms. There was a particular reason: Frank had entered the restrooms a few minutes before as well. Opening the door, he glanced around and saw no one. He stood in front of the mirror and washed his hands, passing then one wet hand trough his hair. The noise of the toilet sounded all over the white room and Frank appeared behind him, re-arranging his belt.

''Hey, Mikey'' said, obviously uncomfortable. ''Nice party out there, huh?''

''It could be better though'' said Mikey, shrugging a little. Frank didn't reply. He knew very well what Mikey meant and he wasn't in the mood of getting through that again.

''So, how's Alicia doing?'' asked Frank casually, washing his hands and hoping Mikey would stop staring at him.

''Good, I guess. I don't know'' said Mikey. ''Frank, I-''

''No, Mikey'' interrupted Frank. ''I know, and it's just not possible. You know I love someone else'' said Frank now using a piece of paper to dry his hands.

''He doesn't love you, Frank! I do!'' screamed Mikey, hitting the wall with his fist. Frank jumped slightly but didn't break the eye contact.

''You're married, Mikey! This is just stupid...'' said Frank, then sighed and closed his eyes.

''If I wasn't married, would you love me?'' asked Mikey, getting closer to Frank. Frank backed away.

''Mikey, I love your brother'' said.

''He doesn't love you...'' repeated Mikey.

''He will... eventually'' said Frank, walking out. Mikey followed him with his gaze and smirked when Frank was out.

''We'll see...''

~*~

''Hey, Mikey!'' greeted Gerard when he opened the door of his house. Mikey had called him earlier to see if he could stop by. Silly thing, since he knew he could go to Gerard's place at any time he wanted.

''Hey...'' said Mikey, and allowed himself in. Gerard walked to the kitchen and served two cups of coffee.

''Is anything wrong?'' asked Gerard, after seeing the look in his brother's eyes. Mikey was just staring at the coffee, when he normally would drink the first cup in just one gulp to then slowly enjoy a second cup. Something wasn't right with Mikey this time.

''Yeah... I mean... no'' said Mikey. ''I'm going to ask Alicia for the divorce''

''What!? Wait, no! Why?'' cried Gerard out loud.

''We're just... it's like we're not together anymore. I don't feel I love her anymore'' said Mikey, still not moving.

''Does she know? Hell, Mikey, I can see she melts when she sees you...'' said Gerard. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

''She has no clue. It won't be nice, but it has to be. I don't love her'' said Mikey, and then looked at Gerard. ''I love someone else''.

''Holy Shit, Mikey! Who is it? Do I know her? Are you cheating? Seriously?'' Gerard spat the questions as they came to his mind not worrying if they made sense or not.

''I'm not cheating, because there's no relationship with this new person. But I want a relationship, and I don't want Alicia to get hurt. It'll be painful for her''

''God, Mikey, you gotta tell me who is she!'' Gerard was now walking in circles in front of Mikey.

''You know that person, Gee. Is in love with you'' said Mikey quietly and went into silence, waiting for Gerard to realize the answer by himself.

''With me? Really? I don't know about any woman in love with me... In fact, there are not many women around us... In love with me? Well, there's, you know, Frank, but...'' Gerard stopped and looked at Mikey's eyes. Mikey looked down. ''Oh my God! Is it Frank? Shit, Mikey. Shit''

''It's hard to explain. I just... need him, you know? Like I never needed Alicia. I just want to be around him all the time, and be with him, and, well, you can imagine the rest'' said Mikey. Gerard was shocked.

''Frankie?! Wow. Does Frankie know?''

''Yes, he does. It's difficult because he is in love with you... I just wanted to know how I feel. And I also want to know what do you feel for him'' Mikey smiled softly. ''Maybe I should have asked that first''

''Mikey, I'll be honest with you. I don't know if I love him or not, all I know is that he's very special to me. The way we carry our friendship is not normal for a regular friendship, you know? I know he loves me, I'm just so confused...'' said Gerard, resting his forehead in the kitchen table.

''Gee, I love him.'' said Mikey, this time louder.

''Mikey, I don't know what to say...''

''And I'll do whatever it takes to have him with me'' said Mikey, getting up.

''Mikey..''

''Bye, brother...''said Mikey, walking out of the kitchen and out of the house.

~*~

Frank woke the next day with an overwhelming head ache. A sudden pain in the middle of his temple had taken him out of his dreams bringing him to another day in which he would try to figure out how to make Gerard to love him. It wasn't just that he wanted to have sex with him, he actually loved in a very deep way. Getting his usual daily cup of coffee, he went outside to get the paper and got back inside, sitting on the first step of the stairs to start reading. The huge picture of Gerard in the main page caught his attention immediately.

''My Chemical Romance's front man Gerard A. Way was found dead last night. His head presented marks of unhuman beating and his body was wrapped in a white sheet, dropped in a dark alley behind a centric restaurant. The unusual amount of dogs digging in the trash was the thing that made a homeless man to follow them until he found the reason of their excitement. Gerard Way's bandmates had not been contacted. His brother, Michael Way, says that he can't think of a reason somebody would do that to him, since he was a peaceful man with many friends. Funeral service, time and date, will be announced later today...''

Frank dropped the paper, grabbed his keys and ran outside. He had to talk to Mikey. Desperately.