My Dull Depressing Life

Chapter 12- College Bound

Fall of 2008 I headed to college at the school of my dreams, I had a roommate I had been communicating with via facebook (on my phone), we got along and I could hardly wait. The worst part was stopping at Richie’s mom’s house to get her van to help me move up there. When I left Richie sat on the porch his elbows on his knees sobbing to go with me. It broke my heart to leave him, but I had to.
We finally arrived and found where we were supposed to be, we filled out a ton of paper work, and went through all of the registration and everything, then moved into my room and waited. My roommate came in a bit later and we talked for a bit, she was (and is) gorgeous. We met my NSI group and did NSI activities. We asked what NSI meant… New Student Institute, or some such non-sense. I made new friends, mostly thru my roommate. Veronica was my roommate, all the guys adored her. I felt so inadequate in her presence. I wasn’t half as pretty as her. She was skinny as all get-out and I… I was fat. I am fat and ugly. In her shadow I felt as if I was a toad. Sure guys were calling me all the time, but only to get a hold of my roommate. Eventually I made a few friends of my own, but my chosen group to hang out with was Veronica’s group. One day I had a fight with one of the boys from her group and I started hanging out with Mitchell, and Jeanie, I slowly added to this group people I went to church with and some random odds and ends. Veronica and I grew apart. She was there for me if I needed (sometimes) and I was there for her, but other than that we were just roommates and at the end of semester she decided she wanted a private room (that’s what she told me anyway she didn’t get her way) and so I set off to find a new roommate. I ended up finding three. One was Jeanie, she ended up dropping out so that didn’t work, then Cynthia, who found a room on 2nd floor rather than the one on 4th with me (I don’t blame her for taking it), then finally I found Jamie, I moved into her room and set everything up and all that, but when I came back from Christmas break she didn’t return. Turns out she transferred to OU. She eventually came back to get her stuff. She left a few things. I haven’t seen her since.
♠ ♠ ♠
There was of course a lot more that happened that I'm leaving out because I want to get something else out of the way. I may come back and add more later but... for now here's what you get.