My Dull Depressing Life

Chapter 7- Scars on the heart.

Ok so we’ll revisit my Elric years, first and just get all but one of my boyfriends out of the way before moving on, because it seems I skipped them.
Elric, of course I’ve mentioned, we ‘dated’ from 2nd or 3rd grade until 6th grade I believe. Now we only saw each other during the summers however and after 4th grade I believe I only saw him once at a Rubber Ducky Daze (I’m not making this up!) my mom and his mom both worked at Head Start and this was an annual thing they had it was a lot of fun, and I went with my mom and he was there with his family too. I was so happy to see him. He was as cute as ever! Anyway in 6th grade I finally gave up on him. He stopped writing and I realized he probably didn’t love me, just like the rest of the people I trusted. So I broke up with him. I continued to write him every now and again, and I thought of him constantly. I never did see him again. However I did find him on facebook recently. He’s still a cutie! Unfortunately we don’t really talk because he’s not online much, but he is on my friends list.
Then there was Slean, he was gay. He only dated me to prove he wasn’t gay. I met him at a dance in Middle School and he asked me out soon thereafter. I said yes. We dated for maybe 3 days. We broke up for two reasons. The first being I found out he was GAY! And the second was because he was a troublemaker and my dad forbid me from dating him. I was a good little girl, trying to make my dad love me and so I did as daddy said. I don’t really know what happened to Slean after that, I think he moved away. Sometimes I wonder… Anyway… Moving on…
Then it was Maverick, ah what a character… Let’s see if we can sum up Maverick in a short list; player, druggie, liar, cheater, you get the idea. An all around great guy huh? Yeah, I pick them good. He lied about his age. I thought he was maybe a year younger than me, because that’s what he said. I think it turned out he was like 3 years younger than me. About the time I found out I was beginning to fall for another guy so I dumped him. Maverick and I hadn’t ‘dated’ for very long anyway. Maybe 2 weeks.
Thatcher lasted about 3 months. We were ‘dating’ from right after his birthday (when his previous girlfriend had dumped him) until right after my birthday. There were a few years between us as well, but he was older and I knew exactly how old he was. What I suppose I didn’t realize, or lied to myself about was the fact that he drank and did drugs. He wasn’t exactly the nicest guy either. He was just a tad on the aggressive side, but I liked it. I thought he might end up being the one. Lots of things ended up coming between us. Starting with my dad didn’t like him. I think it was more the fact that my dad didn’t like how close he lived. You see Thatcher lived just down the road from me. Not even five minutes away. Dad hated that. Another thing was a dream I had. You see I tend to have slightly prophetic dreams, and in this dream I was doing dishes at my house… My parents’ trailer house, looking out the window like I always did when I did dishes, when I felt someone wrap there arms around my waist, I turned to see Thatcher. He kissed me. And grabbed my hand in his I saw a golden band on his hand and then I saw it matched the one on my ring finger. I looked down and saw my belly was round with Thatcher’s child. Now this dream wouldn’t have bothered me so much had it not been for the fact that I was still living in Berryville… In my parents house in Berryville. And it really wouldn’t have bothered me if I had known what I know now… There’s some more foreshadowing don’t worry you’ll find out the depressing truth to that soon enough… Anyway also I never saw Thatcher anymore… I know that’s lame considering he lived not five minutes away but, he never came to my house and when I went to his house he was always busy. I also had my friends on my back about him not being a good guy for me…. Well he did drink and do drugs and stuff. And then there was another guy who was spoiling me, burning me CD’s buying me things and helping me with homework. All that stuff. And finally I decided I needed to dump Thatcher and date Walter. So I did… I dumped Thatcher. After I dumped Thatcher he met my cousin. My cousin is 3 years younger than me. Thatcher is 2 years older than me. Thatcher asked my cousin out to piss me off. It worked. She also wanted to hurt me by dating him. After Thatcher and Linda (my cousin) broke up he dated my sister’s best friend (Sonya) then he dated Emma. Yeah great guy huh?
Walter and I didn’t get together for a few months we ended up ‘dating’ for maybe a month during the summer. He was funny and smart. I liked him a lot. He couldn’t sing worth a crap though. And it turned out that he was a drug dealer. We had one ‘date’ and it was to his birthday party. My sister and I were the only guests. We went to the movies and watched Sky High (great movie by the way) my little sister sat in between us. Walter and I didn’t last long. See he was a math genius, but he was as dumb as a brick when it came to other things. Like hmmm. I want to talk to my girlfriend on my cell phone, but I have no reception… It’s raining outside lightning and all. What to do what to do? He climbed a tree and called me!! He did lots of dumb stuff like that. He was a great guy though. He actually stopped me from killing myself a few years after I dumped him. We’re still friends now.
Well that’s all excluding the last one but he’ll come in later. He was the love of my life. He may prove to be the death of me yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
A guys break my heart. That's y I'm single. Please comment THANK YOU!!!