Scarred Angel

Epilogue

3 Months Later.

He closed his notebook and stood slowly, having finally written it all down.

"Done, Love?" His boyfriend questioned, looking up from his book. Warm golden hazel met equally warm amber.

"Yeah, I'm done. I'ma go let Mars in, too," he replied, smiling at the larger man across the room.

The smaller of the two got up, and started making his way to the backdoor. When he reached it, he opened it, wide enough for a large bundle of fur to come bounding in. The dog went and settled at the larger's feet, wagging his tail happily.

"You know, Matty, you never told me what happened," the smaller murmured, as he sat on the couch next to his boyfriend.

"Bad relationship," his golden eyes closed, hiding all the pain. "He said he loved me, used me, broke me. The last time I saw him outside of the courts, he... Him and his friends raped me, beat me. He loved to watch me bleed more than anything."

"I'm sorry, Matty," the smaller curled against his side, trying to convey comfort and all of his love with his touch.

"Not your fault, Johnny," Matt replied an arming slipping around Johnny to hold him closer. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

"I'm still sorry, for you," Johnny clarified. "I'm sympathizing, Matt."

"I know, stop it," Matt grinned at him. "I'm the big bad wolf."

"Oh, for real, Matthew, big bad wolf my white ass," Johnny rolled his eyes.

"What about your ass?" Matt asked, his hand trailing down Johnny's back to his ass, where it squeezed gently.

"MATTHEW!" Johnny yelped, jumping.

"I'm not interupting anything, am I?" Jimmy's cool voice asked from the hallway door.

"No," Johnny turned to him, flushed. Jimmy stood there, a bottle of Jack in one hand, a pair of jeans and a shirt in the other. And he was stark fucking naked.

"JAMES OWEN SULLIVAN!" Jacoby and Zack's voices sounded through the house.

"Get your drunk ass back here!" Jacoby added.

"So I can fuck you!" Zacky called.

"Orgy?" Jimmy went from cold, brooding drunk, to very horny and eager in less than a second, and he bounded to Jacoby and Zacky. Matt and Johnny followed, both greatly amused.

"Get him, Zee!" Jacoby demanded.

Zack jumped on Jimmy, knocking the surprised man down.

"Orgy?" Jimmy looked hopefully up at Zack's bright green eyes.

"No, clothes!" Zacky replied, grinning wickedly, as Jacoby took the Jack, amazingly un-spilled, and the clothes from him. After a few seconds, Jimmy sat there sulking and fully dressed. Zacky stood a few feet away, finishing the bottle of Jack off. Not like there was much left to begin with.

"So, what are you two up to?" Jacoby asked, casually leaning against the wall.

"Well, I'm wondering why our large dog lets you lot come and go without so much as twitching," Johnny muttered, as Mars padded out of the room he had been in to flop down at Matt's feet. "And isn't he my dog? Why does he love Matt so fucking much?"

"Because you do, obviously," Lexi responded as she walked through the front door. "I have a present for you, J."

"Really?" Johnny's eyebrows raised in a questioning gesture.

"Yeah, Matt, come outside and help me with it," She demanded, slipping back out the door.

Matt followed her, to her car, curious. She opened the trunk, and he stood next to her, staring in awe.

The present was a painting, on a large canvas. Johnny was in the dead center, a shirtless figure with angel wings, wings so real he felt he could reach out and touch them and feel their soft texture. The feathers were vastly white, except for a few black and gray ones scattered through, breaking the white lines. To Johnny's left a painted figure of Brian knelt, looking beseechingly up to the heavens, and to Johnny, whilst behind him stood the more sinister figure of his alter, complete with black fedora and cruel smirk. To the right was a painted firgure of Matt, smiling lovingly, and resting a hand lightly on the shoulder of the painted Johnny. Matt, as well, was shirtless, the scars from his past bared to the world. Lexi stood far behind the others, watching. Watching and waiting, it seemed, a book held in her hands.

Johnny's eyes stared out from the canvas, filled with fear, pain, hope, longing, and love. Matt could see the emotions behind this painting, they stared out through the eyes of Johnny, begging him to help, to love him. How Lexi could capture such emotion with a brush, he would never know.

"Johnny will love it," Matt whispered to her.

Then he noticed the intricate gothic lettering along the very top. It contrasted with the background, the pale blue of a winter's sky, by being a bright blood red, the color of freshly spilt blood. The text itself read, 'The Scarred Angel, Broken so Beautifully, and Reborn into such Perfection.'

Matt couldn't disagree, for Johnny's scars, or his own.