Last Resort

Image

People in this world are truly horrifying. They have come to enjoy other people’s suffering, provided that they don’t have to endure it themselves. The world, it seemed, had always given me the cold shoulder, but I was still glad to be alive, nevertheless.

I had been living the life of my dreams – well, up until that one fateful evening when I made a brash decision to end a relationship, in particular, a relationship with a tattooed singer named Jacoby Shaddix. He didn’t take the news so well, but I could care less. This newly discovered freedom away from him gave me the chance to spend more time with my brother and his friends, all of whom are in a pretty decent band called Avenged Sevenfold. Everything seemed perfect – Brian asked me out, the band released their latest self-titled album, and I had just won a drawing for an expense-free vacation!

The only problem was that there was an error on the plane tickets. The destination was printed as Bermuda, but it meant to say hell. And the entire world would get to watch our horrifying experience from the comfort of their own homes. We didn’t know it as we boarded that plane, but we’d be heading out onto our very last resort.