Misery Hates Company

Like Watching The Discovery Channel

When I got back home after that extremely embarrassing moment, the family were still tidying up the house. I placed the grocery bags on the dining table, now that it had no junk cluttering it. Soon after, my mom placed a plastic bag into my hands.

“Go upstairs and tidy up your room. Put anything that isn’t supposed to be in your room into the bag and wash your hands immediately after you’ve finished. I mean it. You don’t know what germs could be in there. And I’ve stripped your bed, just to be safe, but you’re going to have to put new sheets on yourself. Now, get upstairs and do that for me, Mis, while I tidy up this kitchen,” my mom ordered. That was a lot to take in for someone with a brain similar to mine. I sighed heavily and walked up into my bedroom anyway. It was time to face the music. How trashed was my bedroom going to be?

I opened the door to my bedroom slowly. When it was fully open, I could see that it actually wasn’t that bad. None of my posters had been touched and everything on my CD and DVD rack was in the exact same position as they were before I left to go on that stupid holiday that wrecked everything. There were only a few cups and bottles lying around on the floor. The grossest things I found were someone else’s bra, blond hair extensions and big hoop earring. That’s it.

As I was putting trash into the plastic bag, I heard the sound of a barking dog coming from outside. I found this unusual since there were no dogs living near me. I walked over to my window and then looked out, searching for the dog. There was a big dog running around in the garden next door. How strange. Nobody’s lived in that house for at least five years. Another big dog emerged from the house along with a familiar looking boy. I gasped even though there was no-one around me. It was that boy from the store. What’s he doing there?

I quickly ran out of my room to inform someone and ended up bumping into my dad.

“Ow,” I groaned as I fell to the floor.

“Mis, are you okay?” My dad asked as he pulled me up off the floor.

“Yeah, yeah. Dad, why’s there a boy in next doors garden?” I asked.

“What? Where? No-one’s live there for ages,” he replied. I lead him towards my bedroom window and pointed outside to the boy with his two dogs. “Maybe a family moved in while we were away. We’re going to have to introduce ourselves at some point I suppose.”

Oh shit. He’s right, but I really don’t want to face that dude again.

Eventually, my dad left the room. I continued to stare out of the window at my new neighbor. I couldn’t help but watch, he was so intriguing and amusing. It’s like watching a monkey on a discovery channel; you never know what he’s going to do next. He was just casually playing with his dogs, when suddenly one of them came bounding towards him. He let out a girlie squeal as he ran away from the dog, which made me laugh rather loudly.

“What are you laughing at?” Brooke asked as she entered my room, walking towards my window.

“Nothing,” I replied quickly. That dude was inside his house by the time Brooke made it over to the window to look outside. “And who gave you permission to enter my room, you fiend! Haven’t you ever heard of knocking?!”

“Shut up, loser.”

“Let’s see who the loser is when I give you a huge noogie!” That sent her off screaming, with me chasing after her. She had nowhere else to run when she reached the kitchen, so I grabbed her and put her in a headlock, giving her a noogie.

“Ow, get off!” She screamed struggling to get out of my grip.

“Misery, let go of your sister!” my mom commanded as she pulled me away from her. “Both of you, stop being so immature and grow up!” I snickered to myself as I walked in the living room. Moms lectures don’t work on me anymore.

“Yo, momma! Where da couch?!” I hollered into the kitchen, jokingly.

“Outside. Speaking of which,” she began. Aw, man! That’s it, I’m never asking questions again. It always ends with me having to do something I don’t want to do. “Go outside and drag it for me.”

“But-”

“I wasn’t asking you, I was telling you.”

I groaned loudly as I stormed outside into the back garden. The sun was setting nicely, turning the sky a deep pink orange. It was beautiful. The sound of barking dogs distracted me from the lovely view and then I noticed that the dogs weren’t the only living things who were out. That dude was there again, playing with his dogs. Hell no.

I casually walked up to the sofa on the lawn, not taking my eyes off him. That is until he turned around and looked at me. I turned my focus directly towards the sofa and tried my best not to turn my head to look at him. I attempted to lift the sofa up, but failed epically. I’ve only just realized how weak I am. Who am I kidding? I’ve never going to lift this thing up; I just look retarded doing it. And I knew that dude was watching me. I could feel his eyes burning a hole into me, but I ignored it.

Soon after all of my struggling, my dad came to the rescue to help me with the couch.

“Thanks, dad,” I said gratefully. He helped me drag the sofa back into the living room and also he helped me avoid anymore embarrassment in front of that dude. I walked upstairs into my room to avoid anymore orders from my mom. Also because I was extremely tired and I just wanted to go to sleep, seeing as I was jet lagged and all. First, I had to make my bed. Before I did so, I took another glance out of the window. That dude was no longer there. Sadly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like? Not like?
Comments?
Subscribe?
Obsessed with YMA6. And Max!
My birthday in 10 days!
Love you loads like Oreos, MeLIZZLE xxx