What if I Never See You Again?

Part One

"Candy was twenty-two when it happened. I remember it like it was yesturday. Her black hair was up in a ponytail as we washed the dishes.

"It's kind of funny because she never really wore it up unless he was around... He always liked it when he could see her face.

"She'd also stopped dying it red after he- ...well, a bit after he left. He was the only one who liked it, anyway. He said it brought out the fire in her heart. Her mother thought it was too bright for her.

"I guess it was too hard after the first year. A reminder that he wasn't with us. She would write to him always, but she only did that on her own time. She hated getting emotional in front of people.

"I remember it perfectly. We were washing dishes. I remember I was about to yell at her for breaking another plate when I saw her face, her whole body was just frozen. Her stale blue eyes were fixed on the window. They teared up a little and her mouth curved up slightly. Then she just looked at me. And my stomache sank.

"I guess you just know when share a heart with somebody.

"So, Him? His name was Kane. Cute, right? Candy and Kane. He would blush every time we joked about it.

"Or when one of the guys commented on how 'sweet' he was with her. But she didn't notice. Neither did he, I guessed. Huh... Maybe they just couldn't see against his dark complection.

"They were the best of friends.

"Sure, me and her were close. But not in the way she and him were. I could always tell there was, would be, something there between them. Sometimes it even made me a little sad, watching them like that all the time.

"They had so much together and they didn't even know it when countless girls prayed each and every night for even a chance at that kind of love, a chance at that hope that was always plastered in their eyes.

"I was perfectly fine with it. Though, it seemed like I was the only one who could see the way his chocolate eyes would watch her so particularly.

"Like I was the only one who noticed her sneeking glances at him."


.<3
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes! Haha done withmost of the monolouge!