Vegas Skies

Vegas Skies

Another lonely night in my apartment. Yes, living in Vegas could be such a drag sometimes. Who am I kidding? I never liked living here by myself. I never found my place here.

I went over to the balcony to see if anything interesting wass happening. But to my dismay, nothing satisfied me. The bustling of cars, drunken men fighting over on who would bring the girl home and most especially the lights which lit up the whole sky. Ah, yes. Those dancing, flashing lights that would always amaze me at times. With a sigh, I went back to lay down on my bed. Thoughts clouded up my mind. I closed my eyes and expected to retire for the night, dreamlessly.

What seemed to be forever, I woke up and noticed I was lying on a field of flowers. Lavenders, Dandelions and Pink carnations surrounded me. I smiled and skipped down the meadow. Is this a dream? Even if it was, I wouldn’t want to wake up. I wanted to be happy. Just for once. Escape the city life and enjoy nature. I stopped on my tracks and across the meadow, was my former love. Tears welled up in my eyes and he smiled at me. He turned around and…

BAM! I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I hated living like this. I stood up from my bed and looked at my phone. I received a text message from an unfamiliar number. I read it and hope welcomed me once again.

“I thought about it and…I still love you. A whole lot, babe. It was my fault. I miss you very much. Please take care of yourself”

I hurried dressing up and fiddled with my car keys and rushed to his house downtown.
When I was about to get out of the car. A friend texted me.

“Taylor’s dead. He had a car accident last night.”

My one and only love, dead. That’s why he was in my dreams last night. And the text he sent me awhile ago, that was him… saying his goodbye.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?