Save Me

Wild Boys

Gerard‘s P.O.V

I watched Mikey open the door to my car. Confused I turned around in my seat and looked at Mikey and he was still crying, crying so hard that he couldn’t even breathe.

“What happened?!” I asked while climbing to the backseat and wrapped my arms around him and let him cry in my arms and Frank watched us, also confused.

“I-I…m-me and Amber b-broke u-up…” he said through his sobs and kept crying.

“Amber, your girlfriend? Why?” I asked while trying to calm him down.

“I-I don’t k-know! S-she just s-aid that w-we couldn’t b-be t-together anymore b-because she was i-in love with s-someone else and t-that she doesn’t l-love me as m-much as she l-love me y-yesterday…” Then he broke down and I held him close, rocking him back and forth.

“Shhh, don’t worry, you’ll find another one. Shh, you’re much better than her! She’s just going to find out that she misses you and it’s ‘that’ time of the month” I tried to make him laugh but it didn’t work, he just cried harder.

“Hey Mikes?” Frankie suddenly spoke, making Mikey look up.

“Don’t worry about that girl, you know what, you’ll just get back at her by writing a song about her eh? We’ve got a band rehearsal to do go and we can do it there, how does that sound bud?” Frankie said and smiled and then…Mikey smiled and nodded and stopped crying and wiped away his tears.

“Y-yeah…sounds like a good plan, t-thank you Frankie.” Then I kissed the top of his head and climbed back to the driver’s seat and started the car and listened to Frank talk about Bob and Ray to Mikey.

“So Frank, where are we going? Where’s this band rehearsal?” I asked, feeling bad to cut into their conversation.

“Ow, it’s at 801 Cemetery Drive, you know where it is?” Ah, that place was near the cemetery where my uncle or something was buried, I went there to his funeral when I was a kid.

“Yub I know the place.” Then I drove around town and finally found Cemetery drive and looked for the house. Finally I saw 801, old gray timber house, looked haunted but it still had a classy look on it.

“Are you sure that this is the place?” I asked while staring at the old house.

“Yub, it’s Bob’s house, his parents aren’t the riches people in the world.” Frankie pointed out and we stepped out of the car, taking the bass and guitar with us. Then we walked towards the house, hearing drums playing loudly. Then I rang the bell, not sure if Bob could hear it, while he was playing his drums. But then suddenly the door opened and there stood a tall, big, blond and cool guy who was clearly Bob.

“Gerard I presume?” He asked and pulled me into a hug.

“Nice to meet you man! Thank you for saving us!” Bob said, making me feel a bit uncomfortable.

“My pleasure mate!” I stepped back and pulled Mikey near me.

“This is Mikey, my brother, he plays the bass.” I shook Mikey friendly, making him glare at me with the ‘I’m not a baby’ look.

“Nice! The final piece to the puzzle eh? Welcome guys and Hi dwarf!” He pointed his last words at Frank who looked at him angry.

“I am not a dwarf! Am I Gee?” He looked at me and took my hand in his.

“Not at all babe.” I said and kissed his forehead.

“Ew! Are you guys…dating?!” Bob yelled confused.

“Hey! I already told you that on msn! That I and Gerard had a thing but now…he’s my boyfriend!” Frankie answered and wrapped his arms around my waist and shot a evil glare at Bob.

“Okay easy easy! That’s okay, at long you’re not going all super gay around us, like having sex and such, alright?” Bob looked at me angrily.

“Of course not!” I said feeling confused.

“Good! Now we can all go downstairs to the basement and start to play!” He smiled and gestured us in and led us to his basement. When we came down I saw that the walls were covered in posters of famous bands and I saw Bobs drum kit in the corner and speakers all around. And there was a huge red couch in the other corner and an Xbox and a TV in front of it.

“Woah! This is so cool!” Mikey said and stepped into the room and placed his bass on the couch and looked at the posters.

“Well thank you amigo! Now, Ray is on his way, but now, we need to know if Gerard can sing. You ready mister Way?” Bob looked at me, making me feel extremely nervous. I wasn’t used to sing in front of loads of people.

“God okay…without music or?” Bob was not going to make this easy for me.

“Nope, now go! Let me hear you man!” He sat down on the couch and was followed by Mikey and Frank, who was giggling.

“Well, meanies! Well okay I guess I’ll just go for it then…” They all nodded.

“Okay erm…what song to sing…” I thought about it for a while then I finally found a song.

“Train roll on, on down the line. Won't you please take me far, far away. Now, I feel the wind, blow outside my door. I'm leaving my woman at home. My baby's gone. Tuesday's gone with the wind. My baby's gone with the wind. And i don't know where I'm going. I just want to be left alone. When this train ends, I'll try again. I'm leaving my woman at home. My baby's gone. Tuesday's gone with the wind. Tuesday's gone with the wind. Tuesday's gone with the wind. And my baby's gone with the wind. Train roll on, Tuesday's gone. Tuesday‘s gone with the wind. Tuesday's gone with the wind. Tuesday's gone, long gone with the wind
My baby's gone with the wind. Train roll on, many miles from my home. See, I’m riding my blues away. Tuesday, you see, she had to be free. But somehow, I've got you to carry on. My Baby's gone."

Then I looked down on the floor, feeling my face burning and i felt like shooting myself but then they started clapping and Frankie stood up and walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

“Welcome to the band babe, you sing like an angel!” He said and kissed my cheek, giving me butterflies.

“Really?! You guys liked it?” I asked surprised.

“Fuck yeah! You gotta be kidding me with that voice of yours! It’s awesome man!” Bob said and stood up and gave me a friendly shot in the arm, making me small and Mikey smiled but I saw that he was nervous because he knew that he was next.

“Now Mikes, wanna show us what’ya got?” Bob said and pulled him off the couch. Mikey looked like he was going to throw up.

“Mhm…” He blurred out and picked up his bass.

“Well okay…” Then he started playing the cords to Enter Sandman with Metallica. Even though he looked like he was going to shit himself he played extremely well and I looked at Bob and he smiled widely, knowing that this was a complete band now.

When Mikey was done we all clapped for him and I hugged him proudly and Bob and Frank gave him high fives. Then finally Ray came around and he greeted me and Mikey with a hug and Bob told him that I sang well and Mikey played awesome. Ray seemed pleased.

“Hey! I got some lyrics that I wrote last night, wanna see it?” He said and pulled out some papers from his backpack.

We all sat down on the couch and I read through the lyrics.They weren’t that bad but they needed fixing.

“Gee? Do you think that you could fix them?” Frankie asked and looked at me.

“I could try if you guys wanted, but these lyrics aren’t that bad Ray!” I patted his back and he smiled at me.

“Thank you man!” Then he hugged me and I told them to go and find melody while I tried to fix the lyrics. When i looked at the lyrics again i saw that they were about not loving someone, telling them to go away, which made me think of Jack and Amber, Mikeys ex girlfriend. ‘Hmm… maybe I should use her line…’ I thought then I started writing down the lyrics that were coming out. When I was happy I walked to the guys and showed them the lyrics and I kept an eye on Mikey, knowing that I was using Amber’s line.

“This is…amazing…just woah…Fuck Gerard you’re so talented!” Frankie said and ran to hug me and I wrapped my arms around him, glad that he liked it.

“Yeah man! This is Amazing!” Ray said and Mikey was still silent, so I decided to break the hug with Frank and walked to Mikey.

“Hey, I’m sorry that I used that line man.” I said while putting my arm around his shoulders.

“It’s not that…this is just…exactly how I feel right now…” He whispered. And I kissed his head.

“Well, let’s get the party the party started eh?” Bob said making us all laugh.

“Wild boys always shine!” Ray sang out and we continued laughing. ‘This band was so going to rock’ I thought to myself while looking at the guys.