Status: Indefinite Hiatus

Infatuated

Window

I’d spent the rest of the day with Alex, and now we were sat in my room watching the small TV. Alex had sat himself on the floor in front of the box, leant against the side of my bed and paying close attention to what was happening on the screen. I was sat on the bed with my head leant against the wall and staring out the window. It was pitch black outside and I couldn’t see anything past the glass but I was still transfixed on it. So many things were running through my mind. I was missing the days when me and Alex would sneak out to go and do insane things.

We were immature kids, who isn’t? But we thought it’d be best if we were just friends, that way we have more freedom but we’d still be there for each other. So we were and now we couldn’t be closer, we were always there for each other, just a short walk away.

“Autumn?” Alex’s voice came. I turned my head and looked at him. He had a worried look on his face as he stared up at me with his smooth deep brown eyes.

“Are you okay?” He asked, corner apparent in his voice. I sighed and shook my head, no before returning my gaze out the window. The weight shifted next to me and I was pulled back, the next thing I knew I was hunched into Alex as he propped himself up on my headboard. He didn’t ask anything, just rubbed soothing circles against my shoulders. The patterns allowed me to drift back off into my thought.

After a few moments of silent decisions I came to the conclusion that the best way to sort this out was talking to Taylor. I couldn’t sort it out any other way. I was pulled out of my thoughts when my head began to rise. I turned to look at Alex who was staring at my ceiling, one hand underneath his long shaggy hair; he looked concerned, thoughtful, protective.

“Alex?” I asked trying to get his attention. His gaze merely dropped to me, urging me on. I uncurled myself and shifted over onto his lap, bringing my arms up to wrap around his neck in a hug. He stayed still for a few seconds before shifting his hands around my back. This was how we sat, for a long time just letting each other know we were there to protect them, that is, until we heard a knock at the front door.

“Autumn, there’s someone at the door for you,” I heard my mother call up the stairs. I pulled away from Alex for a moment and sent him a smile.

“I’ll be back in a minute,” I promised as he smiled back and nodded. I made my way over to the door and skipped off down the stairs before he could utter another word.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh gosh I a SO sorry at how short this is! I know it's no excuse but I've been out all day and when I got back I was at a lack of ideas, still this is only a filler and the next chapter will be longer and will be pretty vital to the story line.
Still, if you comment I will update, I promise you that.
Thank you to Vampire's_Addiction, lustbloodbeauty and thekillgreedy666 for commenting on the last chapter it means alot to hear what you have to say and these comments made me smile just as much as the last ones :D

-THE RIPPER