Status: Indefinite Hiatus

Infatuated

Confirmation

There he stood, in my doorway looking just as wounded as he had before. His head was low, opening his mouth and taking in sharp breaths every now and then as if he was going to say something before stopping himself. Letting out a small sigh I suppose he’d given up on excuses.

“I know you’re afraid,” came his mumbled reply.

“I’m not afraid of you,” I argued. I heard his scoff before staring at my mat in disgust.

“How can you honestly stand in front of me and say you’re not afraid of a stupid wolf-boy?” He murmured. I didn’t answer him, because I didn’t know how to answer him. At least he’d confirmed what I wanted him to, Taylor was a werewolf. I knew that now. I walked over cautiously, placing a hand on his shoulder to let him know I was with him.

“I’m not afraid of you,” I repeated. For the first time since I’d spoken to him he lifted his gaze to look me straight in the eye. We studied each other for a few moments before he shifted beneath my hand, stretching his arms out and hugging me protectively. I shut my eyes, biting my lip. ‘I need your trust’.

“I do trust you” he said making me worry whether I had just said that aloud. I pulled back a little embarrassed.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to say-”

“You didn’t,” he cut me off. I looked at him confused and tilted my head a little. Before I could say anything else he explained himself.

“Your thoughts are really high frequency. When you think something strong enough I can hear what you’re thinking. I can’t read your mind but if you’re screaming something in your head and I’m close enough I can hear it,” he explained. I had my eyebrows raised and my jaw hung slightly, well, that was embarrassing. He merely laughed and shook his head.

“Don’t worry, that’s the first thought I’ve heard of yours,” he mumbled returning his gaze to the floor.

“Uh, do you wanna come in for a bit?” I asked still dumbfounded. He smiled a bit, shaking his head.

“It’s best if I didn’t,” was all he said before turning himself.

“Hang on,” I stopped him; he turned to look at me. He kept his hands shoved in his pockets waiting for my reply.

“I need you to say it, I just need to hear it straight from you, tell me I’m not going insane,” I instructed. I saw the corners of his lips tug up a bit.

“You already know Autumn, you’re right,” was all he said just as my mother walked into the room.

“Oh, Taylor you’re still here? Autumn, invite him in already,” she scolded. Taylor lifted his hand, still facing the frame as he did so.

“It’s okay Miss Matthews, I have to leave anyway,” he nodded replacing his hand in his pocket.

“Oh, okay well, are you sure? I mean Alex is here as well so it’s not like we’re busy,” she continued, trying to persuade him. He simply smiled and shook his head.

“It’s fine,” he repeated himself nodding his head. At this my mom just smiled and left before anyone could say anything else.

“Goodnight,” he mumbled looking up at me, raising his hand in a short wave. I smiled at him before looking at the mat between us.

“Goodnight,” I whispered. I knew he could hear it so I saw no reason in saying it any louder. I felt something warm touch my cheek and when I looked back up Taylor was smiling, pulling his face away from mine. I felt myself blush as he turned away and closed the door. Pressing my back to the door I wondered why my heart was racing. I bit my lip; I didn’t want to think about that.

I made my way back over to the wooden stairs, making my way back up to Alex, I needed him right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so happy to see that I have 17 subscribers. And another thing
I HAVE 3 STARS!
Thanks once again to all you guys commenting, this means so much to me! I was so close to giving up before you guys urged me on. Thank you to thekillgreedy666 and DancingSilverCrystall for helping me to get these stars. Expect another update soon!

-THE RIPPER