Status: Indefinite Hiatus

Infatuated

Nurse

“Oh my god!” I heard Alex call as he ran over to me. I groaned bringing a hand up to the stinging sensation that ran through my nose. I saw the rest of my volleyball team turn around and grimace at me.

“Oh god,” I heard people mutter as I lay dazed flat on my back. I pulled my hand away and felt some slight relief that there was no red liquid running down my fingers. My eyes became glazed with anger as I looked up. On the other side of the net I saw Chelsea, the stupid preppy cheerleader everyone sucked up to but secretly hated.

“Whoops,” she smirked. Alex and I were the only people who voiced our opinions on the populars and because of that, they hated us. My vision blurred with anger and growl emitted from the pit of my throat. I was about to jump to my feet, make my way under the net and pounce onto her but two arms took an iron grip on me and restrained me. I snapped my head round to face my captor but felt no surprise when I saw Alex glaring straight at the girl with both his hands on my shoulders.

“Come on Aut, I’m gonna take you to the nurse” he replied flatly still scowling in front of us. I sighed under my breath in defeat, shot the bitch daggers and allowed Alex to lead me out of the court. I groaned, leaning my head on his shoulder when we were clear of anyone else. I felt him support me by tying his arm round my back and bringing my face closer into his shoulder.

I closed my eyes, letting Alex be my guide as my legs drifted almost silently down the hallway. I felt the body next to me come to a halt and push me down. I opened my eyes and realised I was outside the nurses office as Alex sat down next to me before pulling me into his lap.

“I swear, she hurts you again, I’ll kill her,” he growled. I sighed in exasperation as the dizziness throbbed through my head. I leant

“Calm down, Alex,” I murmured into his chest.

“I swear to god she has some serious issues and if I don’t knock it out of her someone will one of these days-”

“Alex!” I scolded cutting him off, to which I just winced at the ringing in my head. I felt his chest rise and heard him sigh, letting his breath dance with small strands of my hair. I looked up at him and pressed my nose to his cheek.

“I’m sorry,” I said shaking my head.

“No, I am,” he mumbled before planting a kiss on the top of my head and hugging me tightly.

“You excited for Friday?” I asked as I pulled away. I saw Alex’s face turn from one of apology to pure excitement as a grin broke out across his sweet face. He nodded, yes.

“How are you getting there?” He asked. I racked my brains before shrugging.

“Uh, I dunno, think I’ll just...” but I stopped as I saw Alex shake his head in disapproval.

“Would you mind getting there a little earlier this year?” I tilted my head.

“How much earlier?” I asked.

“A few hours, come hang around with me during sound check and stuff?” he asked more than stated. I grinned and leaned into him.

“That’d be awesome, but how are you getting there?” I asked just so I had a better idea.

“The guys have all chipped in to hire a van just for the day, we’re gonna load all the stuff up in that and Rian and Jack are driving there in that,” he began to which I nodded. “And Zack’s going with Jess,” Jess and Zack had had some huge crush on each other since fifth grade, but typically, they were both in denial over it. “So, I think, if it’s okay, I’ll just drive you there,” he finished. I nodded slowly in agreement but regretted it instantly.

“Uh, my brain,” I winced. I felt Alex kiss my temple before hugging me tightly. I kept my eyes tightly shut and my fingers pressed to the top of my nose as the throbbing died down. I heard the nurse’s office open and close from behind me and Alex turn to face her.

“Hey Alex, what’s up with Autumn?” I heard Mrs Fielding ask before the clapping of her shoes echoed off the tiled floor and ring in my head. I groaned, leaning into Alex once again.

“Oh Sweetie, well, I better check you out. Alex, are you staying too?”

“Of course I am”.
♠ ♠ ♠
Crappy, I know. I don't like it. And once again I truely am sorry for the lack of updates, but I'm ill so I'll try to post more updates today. I was actually gonna post this update last Saturday but I was too late and I had to go to London. But I'm back, and I'm not gonna procrastinate. Comments please. Thanks to aimless mission and eliscima for commenting. It seems I've lost some of you though. :(

-THE RIPPER