Status: Indefinite Hiatus

Infatuated

Vegas

It was the next day, sixth period. Once again, there was no sign of Taylor. I thought I’d seen him in the hall on the way to lunch but in the same second of seeing him, he’d disappeared into nothing. I was sat in algebra, trying to solve an equation, when I was interrupted from my thoughts.

“Autumn?” I heard Ms Webster call. I looked up from my page to see her stood there, a piece of paper between her slim fingers. Beside her, with his hands in the pockets of his faded jeans, stood Taylor Ashwin, a small smirk playing on his lips only for me to see. I warily stood from where I was sat before Taylor spoke up.

“You’ll need your bag,” he said simply. Just at his simple words, most of the class turned round and faced him, his voice was beautiful. He seemed different from the boy I’d seen yesterday. Even so, I picked up my bag and made my way over to the pair.

“Uh,” I mumbled switching my gaze between the two.

“Autumn you’re gonna have to go with Mr Ashwin here, you’re needed in home room.

“Home Room. But Mr Davidson wasn’t in to-” I began but I felt a hand touch my back gently. I simply smiled and carried on like I’d said nothing.

“Okay, thank you,” I smiled lightly. What was he up to?

As we walked out into the hallway I studied his expression. He seemed relaxed, but I ignored it. So we walked in silence round corridors.

“Where are you going?” he suddenly asked. I turned my head and looked at him with a puzzled expression.

“Oh, home room’s this way,” I said furrowing my eyebrows and pointing in the direction I was about to head in. He giggled to himself, a small angelic sound, and shook his head.

“No, come on,” he responded doing something that shocked me. He took a firm hold on my hand and started guiding me through the school’s doors.

“Where are we going?” I asked, totally clueless. Was this guy schizophrenic or something? He seemed to hate me yesterday, and at this point he was holding my hand and leading me away from school?

“I told you to show me around Nevada after school,” he stated as he opened the door to the passenger side of his car. I shook my head in reply.

“It’s not after class yet,” I argued just as the bell rang three times, loud and clear, signalling the end of school, but there was still another two periods before the end of the day? I looked over to Taylor and saw him smirking. He then signalled to the seat in his car, which I took as I puzzled over the thought. What was he smirking about? Had he had something to do with that?

A few hours later I’d shown him most of downtown. It was getting late and the sun had already set. We were sat on the trunk of his car when I took my jersey from around my waist and pulled it over my head.

“You’re right,” came his voice, barely above a whisper.

“What? I didn’t say anything,” I replied, confused. He looked up to the stars shining in the night sky as if I hadn’t said anything.

“It’s getting really dark, I should take you home,” he explained. How did he know I thought it was getting too late? I kept looking at him as he turned his focus to me and just smiled. He pushed himself effortlessly off the trunk and walked around to the passenger side of his car again. I kept my eyes on every move he made. He turned swiftly and opened the car door, holding it open ready for me. I carefully slid off the fine piece of metal making sure not to scratch it or anything, he giggled lightly, I looked back to him and tilted my head, urging him to explain.

“You don’t have to worry, you won’t hurt it,” he smiled; he had brilliant teeth, sparkling and so inviting. I shrugged and made my way closer to him. There was something about him, and I didn’t know what, that suggested I should have been scared of him, but I wasn’t. Even after knowing this person for... I dunno, six hours in total? I trusted him; I was so curious that I was willing to put myself at risk, just to have him open up to me. The door shut behind me as I slid into the vehicle and moments later, the door opened on the other side.
♠ ♠ ♠
2 comments = update for tomorrow
1 more subscriber = 2 updates tomorrow :D
xxx