Down With Love

Chapter 16

Upon walking into the bus that evening, after partying and whatnot, of course I was greeted by the muffled sound of feminine sobbing. I sighed to myself- Anna had seemed like she was doing so much better before. I made my way over to the couch, where i assumed she'd be, to find it empty. I was confused, and listened for a bit, before I realised that it seemed as if the crying noise was coming from the bunks. I walked over, and opened the curtains of each, all of them empty, except for one, where the culprit crier lay. But the figure in the bunk wasn't the thin, delicate, dark haired woman I was expecting to see. Well, in his defense, his hair was dark. But otherwise, his body structure wasn't really remotely close to Anna's.
"Zacky?" I asked, startled.
Zacky wiped the tears from his red eyes. "Fuck off, Sullivan," he muttered, turning to face the wall.
"Zacky, what's wrong?" I asked, but was answered by nothing but silence. "Zacky..." I repeated his name.
"Fucking nothing, leave me alone!" He shouted, but I didn't budge. It took a few minutes, but finally he rolled over to face me again. "I miss Gina. I miss my dog. And I'm tired.... just stressed really I guess... tired... I just wish she were in my arms...." He sighed.
"Awh, Zacky." I patted his head. "You wanna be alone right now?" I asked, and he nodded. I smiled slightly in sympathy, and closed the bunk curtain again.
I started walking back out of the bus, but didn't get more than half a step before quite literally bumping into the person i'd actually wanted to see.
"Anna!" I exclaimed, grinning, which made her smile."Video game tournament, yes or yes?"
She shook her head, and I felt the grin sub-conciously fade from my face. "I have to do stock and stuff with Katelyn tonight, it'll take until about 2 am- if we go quickly. No time for video games... sorry!" And with that she ran into the bathroom.
As if on cue, Katelyn burst into the bus seconds later, shouting. "ANNA"
"SHE'S TAKING A PISS" I screamed back.
"HEY!" Anna shouted from the bathroom, causing Katelyn and I to go into hysterics.
"well, you two, have fun with your stock-taking, I'm going to play video games!" I announced, As I walked to the couches, I felt something hit the back of my head. Between the look on Katelyn's face and the pen lying on the ground behind me when i turned around, i knew exactly what had taken place. "Silly child," I laughed to myself.

----------

I must've fallen asleep doing stock, because I was awoken to a large hand on my back, shaking me gently, and a voice in my ear whispering, "Anna... Wake up..."
I sat up sharply to find my face inches from Jimmy's. I backed away quickly, which was probably a bad idea, as my half-asleep stupor caused the chair to tip, and I started to fall. Jimmy caught me though, one strong arm around me. And, for some reason- it must have been the sleepiness... or the adrenaline rush from falling... but I let him. I leaned against him, letting him stay like that, one arm around my back. I felt him move his other arm slightly, as if unsure what to do, before he finally rested it around my shoulders. The adrenaline rush from the chair still hadn't gone away. Slowly, so slowly I didn't even feel it, or notice I was, I slid my arms upwards, around his neck, still leaning on his chest. What the hell was going on?! I could feel his heart beating like crazy against my ear, and when i felt his head shift slightly, I knew what was coming- or what potentially could be coming. I pulled away abruptly, though i don't know why.
"I must've fallen asleep doing stock... I don't know why Katelyn didn't wake me up," I said lamely. "Thanks for catching me on the chair, though," I smiled, and headed off to my bunk to go to sleep. But, once I was there, I couldn't.... what the hell just happened? Why did I let it happen? And... most of all... why did it feel as good as it did?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this took so long... I've had a hectic summer/september, what with getting ready for and then moving into uni.. I hope this chapter makes up for it! :]