Down With Love

Chapter 8

“I’m back!” Anna announced that evening, her voice dreamy. It was already dark out, which is saying something for the middle of June. The girls, except for Val and Michelle, had gone home; they had work and everything. The others, the guys and the twins, had gone off partying. I hadn’t felt like it though. Well, not that kind of party. But the images of Anna in a bikini had fueled a whole different type of party a few hours earlier. Thank god I was only watching a movie- yes, an actual movie: plot, characters, (almost) no sex, when she came in. “Hey, Jimmy,” she sighed contently and sat beside me on the couch. She was in such a good mood she didn’t even say one thing against me or the fact that I had my feet up on the couch where she had to sleep. For some reason this only pissed me off.

“So how was he?” I asked simply, trying to keep my calm.

“Hmm? Oh, the date?” She sighed again. That sickening sigh. “It was so perfect, Jimmy…”

“Really?” Fuck it. “I wouldn’t have thought that someone that scrawny would be such a good lay.”

“He’s as scrawny as you are,” she replied. “Besides, we didn’t have sex. Unlike you, I’m not a slut. We went out for dinner, played at the pool… it was so much fun.” I hated, hated how… how happy she was.

“I…” I wanted to say something horrible, but decided against it. She was just a girl who met a guy. And I wasn’t going to be the guy who made her cry because of it. “Nevermind,” I turned my attention back to the screen.

----------

The next morning I woke up and groaned in annoyance. I sighed and sat up painfully and made my way to the bathroom to perform the necessary task, hoping that nobody would see me. Why the fuck did I go to the pool yesterday?
My hopes of not being noticed were dashed when Anna herself exited the bathroom. And wow, did she look gorgeous. Her hair was curled at the ends, her shirt was lovely and tight fitting, and she was just… beautiful. “Shouldn’t you be at work?” I asked, trying to keep her from noticing my erection.

“It’s four… my shift finishes at three,” she stated simply.

“Oh… all right. So, uh, you’re…”

“Going to watch All Time Low. And I should go because a) I’m late, and b) you’ll need to take care of that.” She pointed downwards, and I’m sure I blushed before going into the bathroom to perform the inevitable.

----------

“Dude, that set was awesome!” A fan shouted at us from the other side of the fence. We stopped and walked over, causing the dozen or so of them to squeal.

“Aw, thanks, dude,” Matt smiled. They took photos with us, we signed CDs, posters, shirts, arms, shirts, and one girl got us to sign a DVD of Paris Hilton’s sex tape. I love my job.

“So, dude, y’gonna come party t’night?” Johnny asked me as we walked away, and I shook my head.

“I’m really not in the mood, Johnny,” I muttered.

“Dude, you didn’t want to go out yesterday either, man… you all right?”

I nodded, not saying anything. “I guess… I’m probably just tired.” I lied. Johnny shrugged, and I began making my way towards the bus, kicking the cans from my path. I opened the door of the bus, prepared for an evening of movies, myspace, and self-pity. The first thing I saw when I got in, though, was Anna straddling a topless Alex on the couch, her lips locked with his.
They hadn’t noticed me come in, so I cleared my throat loudly. Anna sat up in one sharp movement, “Jimmy!” She jumped off Alex, who looked embarrassed.
“No, no, don’t let me interrupt you.” I said sarcastically, heading towards the bus doors again.

“Jimmy-” Anna started.

“Save it,” I muttered, and I left the bus. Fuck. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

----------

Fuck. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. I grabbed Alex’s shirt off the floor and threw it at him. “Maybe you should go.” I wanted to disappear off the face of the planet.

“But he’s gone…” Alex, now wearing his shirt, wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck.

I shook my head. “Alex, please…” I pushed him, but he kept going. I was sure it would leave a mark. “Alex!” I shouted and shoved him away. “No.” I said firmly. “We can watch a movie or something, but…”

"No, you're right. I should go," he said sharply. "I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" He asked, and the pang in my stomach that appeared when he used the annoyed tone melted away with his smile.

"Yeah..." I put my arms around his neck and kissed him. He pulled me close and we kissed for a while before he pulled away again.

“I really do have to go… it’s almost one…” He kissed me quickly on the lips. “Bye,” he waved as he left the bus. I sighed, and plopped down on the couch, turning on the TV to finish watching the movie Jimmy and I were watching yesterday.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short this time round, i've really been struggling with this one :(